ewilly

Ammo Can Woodstove Package SPF

This is a full package including the Action Packer.  Stove was tested but I do not believe exhaust stack was ever attached and used.  Nice setup with 5 pipe sections and cap.

SPF

PU in chandler or I work in Deer Valley and can meet

DSC03859.JPG

DSC03860.JPG

DSC03861.JPG

DSC03862.JPG

DSC03863.JPG

DSC03864.JPG

DSC03865.JPG

DSC03866.JPG

DSC03867.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willyhunts2 said:

Do you know what the total height would be?

With the pieces included the cap will be at 10-11 feet.  Keep in mind you can lower by removing a section or even add a section to extend.  THX

Ok thanks. I've been kicking around the idea of having a stove jack sewn into the side of my kodiak but trying to get an idea of what it would cost. I know it's been done but trying to search the internet to get a ball park price.

42 minutes ago, Willyhunts2 said:

Ok thanks. I've been kicking around the idea of having a stove jack sewn into the side of my kodiak but trying to get an idea of what it would cost. I know it's been done but trying to search the internet to get a ball park price.

You can easily make a workable jack with some lightweight aluminum sheet metal. Then depending on the size of the flue, cut two 10-12" squares, cut a hole the diameter of the flue and drill at least three holes for small screws along each side. Round off the corners and smooth edges of the metal. Then cut a hole in your tent that's at least 2 inches larger than the flue. To install, use small screws with nuts to make a sandwich of the two plates -- one inside & one outside the tent. Be sure to measure and mark on the canvas so the holes are centered to each other.  

I used one like this for years using the heavy duty silver tarps that I had made for my kitchen set-up. The brace is insurance to support the weight of the entire flue that rises about 8' outside, which is visible in the 2nd photo. The benefit of having the jack on the side is not having to worry about leaks when it rains. 

SPHCAMP3.JPG.519e241d67f54e3800695f9631da9df0.JPG

SPHCAMP1.JPG.c06685adae2cb1b8798b1d6d1458977e.JPG

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Willyhunts2 said:

Cool, thanks for all the info.

One thing I forgot. Be sure to cut the screws very close to the nuts and file to make them smooth. I also put a small dab of silicone on both the head and nut sides. That way, you won't wear on/rip the tent when it's folded. If you want, you can also use duct tape around the edges of the metal if the jack isn't too close to the stove.