UggRedBilly

Building a water catchment

Just now, Edge said:

Yeah that wasn't my point, poor choice of words. Report from 2004 was worse than I recall Ed not impending.

Gotcha. I often have the same memory failures, and it seems to be getting worse every day. 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Edge said:

Could be it. But I'm fairly certain the Eagletails drinkers were mentioned although the Plomosas are nearby. If I recall, the drinker debacle was discovered while looking for evidence of lion activity so story may have been contained in a lion study? 

I found a pdf while researching for my dads sheep hunt that listed several instances. Was for bighorn in the Southwest. I think there was one in Nevada that had something crazy like 30 sheep dead near it.

• Wow! 1

Would it be smarter to bury a the stock tank and run water and salt out too it weekly? It's just a 40 gallon so it wouldnt be much of a hassle I dont think. I live like 30 minutes away from where I'd like to put it

Just now, trphyhntr said:

I found a pdf while researching for my dads sheep hunt that listed several instances. Was for bighorn in the Southwest. I think there was one in Nevada that had something crazy like 30 sheep dead near it.

It's odd how these creatures can scale cliffs, leap ravines and live on brittle weed and lichens but can't help themselves by moving on to the next water source.

I'm quite certain that after hunting them you have a new admiration for the creature?

• Like 2

They’re pretty neat but what animal that can survive in this desert isn’t. 

another option i don’t even know if they’re salvageable but there’s a lot of 1940s azgfd concrete drinkers that don’t hold water anymore out there 

4 hours ago, ThomC said:

Cameras are almost illegal so, it you put up your salt/drinker you wont be able to put a cam on it.

Wrong again, if he chooses never to try and take any big game animal off this salt or water he'll be fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

Wrong again, if he chooses never to try and take any big game animal off this salt or water he'll be fine.

That's the plan. I had 4 groups of people walk up to my blind while I was hunting in the matter of 2 days. Too many people! Hate it! But there is a deer population! So i just wanna get cool photos and videos and post them up each week. I never used a camera before and Josiah showed me them and i thought they were neat. He showed me all the pictures of elk through each month and it was super cool! I think itll be a nice hobby

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

That's the plan. I had 4 groups of people walk up to my blind while I was hunting in the matter of 2 days. Too many people! Hate it! But there is a deer population! So i just wanna get cool photos and videos and post them up each week. I never used a camera before and Josiah showed me them and i thought they were neat. He showed me all the pictures of elk through each month and it was super cool! I think itll be a nice hobby

It’s an awesome hobby and you’ll catch pics of stuff you didn’t even know was around.  Years ago I got pics of a jaguarundi in southeastern Az.  Had no idea those things even existed, much less in Az.  

There was a guy in here named Jason Miller that put together some really cool videos he’d done with trail cam pics and videos.  Has a cool YouTube channel jason Miller outdoors.  Check him out

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

It’s an awesome hobby and you’ll catch pics of stuff you didn’t even know was around.  Years ago I got pics of a jaguarundi in southeastern Az.  Had no idea those things even existed, much less in Az.  

There was a guy in here named Jason Miller that put together some really cool videos he’d done with trail cam pics and videos.  Has a cool YouTube channel jason Miller outdoors.  Check him out

Absolutely! I was going to do the same exact thing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

Stop hunting at usery pass campground and you will get far less traffic.....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Stop hunting at usery pass campground and you will get far less traffic.....

I have a new spot that is walk in only! Great place! Just not allowed to put cameras there because its wilderness/preserve

45 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

Jason Miller has the best trail cam pics and video I’ve ever seen. He posts a lot of it on Facebook in the different hunting groups. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daryl_s said:

Jason Miller has the best trail cam pics and video I’ve ever seen. He posts a lot of it on Facebook in the different hunting groups. 

*some of the best 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

*some of the best 

Cmon man!  Give Jason some props, that guy puts in some serious work and makes some nice informative videos

4 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

Cmon man!  Give Jason some props, that guy puts in some serious work and makes some nice informative videos

He is awesome! I keep watching all of them!