Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Wrong license # on elk app.....

I believe I omitted one digit when entering my license # on the elk app. Will the app get kicked out if drawn? I know you must have a valid license at the time of the draw process, that's why I am concerned. I didn't find a way to edit it in my portal. I bought the license at Sportsman's, so it is not on record in the G&F system.

Thanks

You think or you know?   That’s the kind of thing that would drive me nuts wondering.  I’d call GF see if they have any way to check, but make sure you have you confirmation # when you do.  And probably get a snickers , you may be on the phone awhile from what I hear.   Good luck!  You won’t sleep nights till you know if you’re like me.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

You think or you know?   That’s the kind of thing that would drive me nuts wondering.  I’d call GF see if they have any way to check, but make sure you have you confirmation # when you do.  And probably get a snickers , you may be on the phone awhile from what I hear.   Good luck!  You won’t sleep nights till you know if you’re like me.

So...after filling out the elk app, I started filling out the antelope app. When I put in my license # the "auto-fill dropdown" showed the # I had previously entered, missing a digit. That was the "oh crap!" moment. This is the first goof on an app in 40+ years of applying.

• Wow! 1

I had read that they made the change that your license has to be valid on drawing date, so I’m guessing they will reject an invalid number.

Hopefully they can give you a way to correct that. I remember I used to check, recheck, and recheck again on paper app.s.   A lifetime license solves all of that if you can  swing it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Viper said:

So...after filling out the elk app, I started filling out the antelope app. When I put in my license # the "auto-fill dropdown" showed the # I had previously entered, missing a digit. That was the "oh crap!" moment. This is the first goof on an app in 40+ years of applying.

I had to do that for my father a few years ago actually. I accidentally put in my number with the auto fill instead of his. They were kind enough to help me! I imagine they'll do the same to you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You can make up license number and it will still go through 

In the old system this is true. We have no idea about the new system. I am certain we will know after this draw though....

• Sad 1

I put my previous years license number on the draw app. 2 years ago. I called and the nice lady said I would be fine. Just make sure your license is valid at the time of the draw is what I've always heard.

• Like 2

It's pretty clear when the license needs to be valid, per regulation....

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c49eff7fcc6e101c4d5e9bc36968873b.jpg

As far as your license goes, just call. I seriously doubt they fixed it but I wouldn't risk my points on it.

• Like 1

my hunting partner had the same thing happen ... serves you guys right for getting a license early!  :D   Judicious choice of when  to buy a license is important.  I've been messed up ever since they went away from calendar yr.

I called last year and they said as long as they first 3 digits were correct it would be okay- what drives me crazy I have purchased my license from G&F every years in person - and it doesn't show up

On 2/4/2021 at 6:40 AM, Redman said:

I called last year and they said as long as they first 3 digits were correct it would be okay- what drives me crazy I have purchased my license from G&F every years in person - and it doesn't show up

Exactly, there is nothing but a syntax check on the license number data field if you enter it manually. If it's not correct you can't get past  it but there is no code to verify the date.  Paper apps need to be entered by hand at the dept and usually never show up although those were migrated on the initial update but some have since disappeared.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:40 AM, Redman said:

Me too. I also had that proble a few years ago but the last three are in there.