Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Wife and I doubled yesterday

My thoughts are , congratulations big Brown on taking a double with your huntress wife, with a beautiful Tiffany blue AR pistol with a brace.....  It also looks like Adam was smart enough to bring a bipod so he didn't have to set that nice pistol in the dirt when not hunting with it .....  When I do hunt havalina I prefer to do it with a bow but I don't judge people for how they hunt their animals any legal way that they decide to , that's their prerogative..... Again congratulations guys... This is probably the best thing that can be seen on screen today. God-bless American , it's freedom and rights we have left !!!!!!

• Like 8

Great job Adam.  Looks like a handgun to me 😃  at least by today's definition.    Could be and probably will be different very soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

“Handgun” means a firearm designed and intended to be held, gripped, and fired by one or more hands, not intended to be fired from the shoulder, and that uses the energy from an explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire a single projectile through a barrel for each single pull of the trigger. “

You mean to tell me that big browns and his wife fired that using one hand or both hands and didn't use the stock butt.  Yeah right.

Actually that's exactly what happened!  I have the scope eye relief set up so you have to have the stock off your shoulder in order to see through the scope.

100% legal.....

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Mountain said:

That's is no hand gun. That's a rifle. I wouldn't be surprised if Azgf contacts you.

Before you judge you should know the law and G&F regulations.  AR Pistols are 100% legal!

• Like 6

Congrats and totally legal and yes totally insane our game and fish considers this a handgun.  Just like the airbow situation.  Not the people using it fault (unless lying about need for airbow) but game and fish should be ashamed for letting it go this far.  Write in to gf if you don't like it and ask them to review   

What a bunch or ignorant people on here. AZGFD follows the ATF's definition of a pistol/handgun. This firearm fits that definition. But this is the state of forums and social media in general these days. Guys are in a huge rush to put their ignorance on display for the world to see. Maybe spend as much time doing your research as you do trolling, and you might save yourself a lot of embarrassment. 

Congrats to you both Adam. Hope to shoot one with my AR pistol as well in the near future. 

• Like 8

I agree that there are a lot of ignorant people on this site.  It amazes me that people still post pictures.  I choose not to for that very reason.  Someone always has something to say and usually they are completely full of shitttt.   100 % legal.  I was stopped last year with my pistol that pretty much mirrors that one, minus the bipod and game and fish commented how it was a nice pistol and good luck.

Now whether you think this should be classified as a pistol, is simply your opinion and not one that carries any weight behind it.  Start a new thread and discuss it, rather than shitting on a guy's post.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Big Browns said:

It's a .223 with 55 grain Hornady soft point.  Did the job quick, but almost zero blood trail.  I prefer the Hornady V-max, but couldn't find any projectiles to load.

Good to know it worked well.  I am trying to discourage a friend from even thinking about FMJ or the green tipped/steel core stuff  (probably illegal) but availability is pretty tough.  

3 hours ago, Big Browns said:

It's a .223 with 55 grain Hornady soft point.  Did the job quick, but almost zero blood trail.  I prefer the Hornady V-max, but couldn't find any projectiles to load.

Good to know it worked well.  I am trying to discourage a friend from even thinking about FMJ or the green tipped/steel core stuff  (probably illegal) but availability is pretty tough.  

ps  Did she get to pick out the color?  ;)