Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Wife and I doubled yesterday

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

55E9C4F4-5660-459C-993D-53858ECC7F35.jpeg

956B7921-DD24-497D-A440-11179F150248.jpeg

yeah I think 100/100 people would recognize the bottom pic as a handgun and the top pic as rifle. 

Some would say "assault rifle" 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Airbows on the archery, rifles on the handgun. Just do away with these specialized seasons if everyone is just gonna take advantage. 

hunting used to mean something 

It's not what others do, it's what you do that makes meaning.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Forget I said anything, I dont hunt pigs anyway. I probably wouldn’t be able to kill one with a scud launcher 

I wouldn't want to kill one with your scud launcher.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

More like it identifies as a pistol. But that’s a rifle. 

An 18yo cant purchase an AR pistol,  but can an AR rifle.  I guess it's a pistol 

• Like 2

In my opinion whether it's "legally" a hand gun or not is irrelevant. It absolutely circumvents the disadvantage that is supposed to be built into a primitive, or at least "more" primitive hunt tag. Whether it is "legal" has nothing to do with what the spirit of the what the tag/H.A.M. hunt is intended. Also: A tag that is easier to obtain BECAUSE success is SUPPOSED to be more difficult. It's at the very least cheating the system. Like staying out of work so you can collect unemployment because it's more than you make working. It's absolutely "legal" when done properly... But that's not who I am, how I do things. It probably is legal... But is that really who/what you want to be? I know those aren't the principals that made this country and its people so great in the past. Some times it just boils down to "right" and "wrong". Grab a wheel gun and go have fun, and actually "hunt". You would have had a better experience anyway. Whether you actually killed one or not. All JMHO of course. Congrats on getting some meat.  How is the meat? How did you prepare?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mr September said:

In my opinion whether it's "legally" a hand gun or not is irrelevant. It absolutely circumvents the disadvantage that is supposed to be built into a primitive, or at least "more" primitive hunt tag. Whether it is "legal" has nothing to do with what the spirit of the what the tag/H.A.M. hunt is intended. Also: A tag that is easier to obtain BECAUSE success is SUPPOSED to be more difficult. It's at the very least cheating the system. Like staying out of work so you can collect unemployment because it's more than you make working. It's absolutely "legal" when done properly... But that's not who I am, how I do things. It probably is legal... But is that really who/what you want to be? I know those aren't the principals that made this country and its people so great in the past. Some times it just boils down to "right" and "wrong". Grab a wheel gun and go have fun, and actually "hunt". You would have had a better experience anyway. Whether you actually killed one or not. All JMHO of course. Congrats on getting some meat.  How is the meat? How did you prepare?

Wow.  I don't think those smiles would be nearly as big had they not tagged out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr September said:

I don't have an AR Pistol but if I did I would use it on a HAM hunt just because it is another challenge and a way to take a pig with a different method that I have in the past. Over the years I have taken Javelina with archery, 357 revolver, 223 Contender, 243 rifle, 22-250 rifle, an AR-15 and a 7-08 shooting 100gr bullets. 

Here is the beauty about all of the opinions....

THEY DONT MATTER! 

Adam followed the law and was successful. 

Now, is he as cool as me, my 7 year old and Glock 10mm? 

No, but thats ok. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

THEY DONT MATTER! 

No, but thats ok. 

Well said, LOL!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr September said:

You should change your handle to "Standard" because clearly you are the standard by which all others should be measured.

Good heck I don't think I have ever read anything this pretentious and self-promoting in my life. Is Javelina season over yet so you can go away for another 10 months?

53 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I don't have an AR Pistol but if I did I would use it on a HAM hunt just because it is another challenge and a way to take a pig with a different method that I have in the past. Over the years I have taken Javelina with archery, 357 revolver, 223 Contender, 243 rifle, 22-250 rifle, an AR-15 and a 7-08 shooting 100gr bullets. 

The only thing I can tell is that you spent way too much time hunting stupid javelina. Just my opinion of course. 

Congrats Adam and wife, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

THEY DONT MATTER! 

No, but thats ok. 

PRETTY WIFE, PRETTY GUN ... WAY COOL!

I don't think I could pull off a Turquoise gun, though.  😮 :D