Sign in to follow this  
SwampMafia

Draw

Who wants to go on a poverty drought year hunt. I will wait 20 years for “perfect” conditions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Give me that drought tag. Thats allways my first choice with 5 points.Drew it omce with only 3 in 96!..................BOB

4 hours ago, naturebob said:

Give me that drought tag. Thats allways my first choice with 5 points.Drew it omce with only 3 in 96!..................BOB

Bob, I hate to rain on your success of drawing an early tag with only 3 points back in 1996 parade but that was probably max points back then.  Now if you drew it in 2021 with only 5 points that would be quite a big deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, knothead said:

Bob, I hate to rain on your success of drawing an early tag with only 3 points back in 1996 parade but that was probably max points back then.  Now if you drew it in 2021 with only 5 points that would be quite a big deal.

I don't think it was max ,but I took it any way. I will gladly take it with 5 this year too!.I do remember over 6k applicants for 50 tags...................BOB!

One of my buddies drew it last year with a 3 point tag with three applicants.  They all had three points.  Amazing luck!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SwampMafia said:

When I pull my unit 1 early rifle tag with 2 points.. who’s comin with?! 😜

Me! Because I put in for the same hunt! 

• Like 1

So, I came across my old 2006 Regs while cleaning out some of mybookshelves.  I found it interesting to see the numbers for applicants, tags and success rates as compared to 2019 from GoHunt.  I may have been off a bit but I just tried to get close. I thought I'd put some top tier and bottom tier units in to a comparison. These are early bull archery. The success rates are for harvest.1357176399_2006through2019.jpg.814a8e53d85687d71f5158a05c5354db.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jdub said:

So, I came across my old 2006 Regs while cleaning out some of mybookshelves.  I found it interesting to see the numbers for applicants, tags and success rates as compared to 2019 from GoHunt.  I may have been off a bit but I just tried to get close. I thought I'd put some top tier and bottom tier units in to a comparison. These are early bull archery. The success rates are for harvest.1357176399_2006through2019.jpg.814a8e53d85687d71f5158a05c5354db.jpg

This is interesting jdub and thanks for posting.

There are about 500k more people in AZ today than 2006 so me thinks this is inline with population growth?

Eddie

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SwampMafia said:

When I pull my unit 1 early rifle tag with 2 points.. who’s comin with?! 😜

I'm in!  Nothing more fun than chasing bulls during that time of year.  Best of luck to you!

12 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

This is interesting jdub and thanks for posting.

There are about 500k more people in AZ today than 2006 so me thinks this is inline with population growth? 

Eddie

Yep, sounds like it.  It also tells me that they pretty much ruined unit 8 as a top tier unit from 2006. But I think we already knew that.  Oh, and they're in the process of doing it to unit 1 with the increase in this and the late rifle hunts.

18 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Is there anyway I can change my application? I only did the bonus point but now I kinda wanna attempt to get a hunt with these conditions

No, once it's sent you're done, even before the deadline. 

• Like 2