Eastcoast'n AZ

Winchester M70 Featherweight Stainless 300WM

18 hours ago, 68OLDS said:

I know that ruger Mack. I was referring to the pre-64 design action, not the pre-64 production.   the current production fn herstal m70s include a stainless action.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/model-70/model-70-Current-Products/model-70-featherweight-stainless.html

It's a post-64

On 3/3/2021 at 11:51 AM, 68OLDS said:

What year is the action/stock?  Does it have controlled round feed/pre 1964? 

It's a MOD 70 classic action. The one picture you can make out the claw extractor. The serial number from its font size and number of digits makes it early 90's New Gaven production.

14 hours ago, 68OLDS said:

Good eyes, I couldn’t make out the extractor and serial number on my phone.

doing on line on my phone drives me nuts. Zooming in on my laptop made out what looks like G##### number and its similar to my SS 30-06, which put mine in first year or two of the New Haven Classic production. 

How do you like your early new haven m70?  There’s debate whether these early guns were the best since the pre-64.  How do you like the fit/finish?  I hear the trigger is excellent as well.

I have a model 70 classic in .270 Winchester, not sure of year. Bought it used unfired. Blue steel, wood stock. I was told the factory trigger was worked on at Don’s Sport Shop. The rifle is very accurate, smooth action, fit and finish is pretty good.

A friend who passed away last year had two classics, one was stainless, earlier production and the other was blue, later production - both were nice rifles.

I am somewhat surprised this has not sold. Especially considering the aftermarket barrel, bedded action and very attractive price.

Edited by Bucks&bulls