1uofacat

Longest two weeks of the year

13 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

I don't know about anyone else, but these two weeks are exactly that every year for me.

Are you in Heat?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

At least it’s only two weeks...used to be a lot longer.   I remember when most hunts were due in early June and you didn’t know till end of July.  You had 5-6 weeks till archery elk started from time you knew you were going.  Guys who were low in the pecking order at work couldn’t get time off.  Kudos to g and f for moving it to Feb and getting draw done in a couple weeks.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Hard to say if it will be only two weeks this year though. With the new system does anyone really know how long it will be?

Maybe sooner.

Maybe longer.

The deadline to update cards is the 25th so it can't be sooner 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I wonder what will hit first my goat tag or my pine donkey tag 

maybe both at about the same time, ... or neither! 😁

I remember when you could just go down to the G&F office & pick up one of the 800 archery bull tags for units 1, 2, 4, & 27 (combined units) if you didn’t draw a 5B or 6A tag!

• Like 1

I'll take the over on 2 weeks.

• Like 1

I just spoke to the G&F.  My wife's app doesn't show up on her portal account so I called... The lady I spoke with said there were 215K apps received & they are entering them manually into portal accounts.  They expect to be complete in a week, but wouldn't run the draw until they were.  She could see her app btw.

They still hope to run it next Friday, but it depends on them completing the portal updates & when that's done.

they are entering them manually into portal accounts.

But we already entered them manually from home.

• Like 2

My antelope app shows in my portal but not my elk app. But I have an email verifying that my elk app was successful. There system is messed up. The lady at azgfd put us in cause of errors on my father in laws information. She waited until I received an email that we were put in and verified hunt numbers before we hung up.

2 hours ago, JSR said:

But we already entered them manually from home.

She admitted the system was "screwed up", or something like that.  While we all applied (manually), our portal accounts are evidently not linked to the app process as we don't enter the app process through our portal accounts, but rather through the "draw" system.

Don't worry though, it'll work seamlessly and nobody will be "deprived"...

haha  

3 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

I just spoke to the G&F.  My wife's app doesn't show up on her portal account so I called... The lady I spoke with said there were 215K apps received & they are entering them manually into portal accounts.  They expect to be complete in a week, but wouldn't run the draw until they were.  She could see her app btw.

They still hope to run it next Friday, but it depends on them completing the portal updates & when that's done.

Thanks for calling and the update. I was going to call today and see why the portal was not updated. Last few years, the portal was updated quickly. Crazy they are updating by hand. Wonder if they will mail out pink post cards this year 🤣🤣 Might as well fully go back to the old school draw. 

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

Thanks for calling and the update. I was going to call today and see why the portal was not updated. Last few years, the portal was updated quickly. Crazy they are updating by hand. Wonder if they will mail out pink post cards this year 🤣🤣 Might as well fully go back to the old school draw. 

or how about going back to the tags that came with a metal band that you had to push into a "latch system" and it was therefore on for good, unless you cut it off with tin snips!  🤣

• Like 1