Sign in to follow this  
Swivelhead

Which Dog Boots?

Looking to get my dog into some boots.  Anybody recommend a brand or style?  Also curious about any tips or tricks to make the transition to boots easy on the dog.  Thx in advance for any suggestions.

I've tried a few brands. Ruff Wear seems to work best. They have vibram type soles. None of them work great. Dogs feet aren't designed for them. They all seem to pop off eventually. It takes a while for the dog to get used to them. Meanwhile there's a lot of funny highstepping. Get some video...it's pretty entertaining. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

I've tried a few brands. Ruff Wear seems to work best. They have vibram type soles. None of them work great. Dogs feet aren't designed for them. They all seem to pop off eventually. It takes a while for the dog to get used to them. Meanwhile there's a lot of funny highstepping. Get some video...it's pretty entertaining. 

LOL, I'll bet it's tougher putting the boots on the 2nd time too.

Have not found any that work that good if your talking about a hunting dog. Lots of choices if you need them for a hiking companion that behaves😁

The motorcycle innertubes work as good as any. Just Google it for instructions. You can make quite a few out of 1 tube.

• Like 1