Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Rock Quarry on Table Mesa Rd

I've driven past this thing for the past .. bazillion years it seems.

Never really paid much attention to it. There's a sign that says "No Trespassing". The only owned parcel in the area is the TT Ranch. 

Who owns this thing? 

I’m not 100% on this but I think Cemex. I’m in the landscape business and Table Mesa brown dg is from Cemex. That’s why I say that

BLM land/claims being actively mined.  There are two mining operations, one at the gas line and another on the telegraph line closer to the Agua Fria.

21 minutes ago, briant_az said:

I’m not 100% on this but I think Cemex. I’m in the landscape business and Table Mesa brown dg is from Cemex. That’s why I say that

Ah! Should've been more specific.. it's on the East side of the 17 about 3 miles in.. Or are you saying the Cemex plant is on the West side and they use that dig on the east side as well..

20 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

BLM land/claims being actively mined.  There are two mining operations, one at the gas line and another on the telegraph line closer to the Agua Fria.

I tried using Map of Mining Claims In Arizona | The Diggings™ but didn't get anything on that .. 

9 hours ago, Jazz said:

Ah! Should've been more specific.. it's on the East side of the 17 about 3 miles in.. Or are you saying the Cemex plant is on the West side and they use that dig on the east side as well..

I think the state/blm/gov  owns it. they used to use it when widening freeway. I saw a sign on it may years ago.

Hmmmm.....  OnX says the only parcel of private land is approximately 1/4-1/3 mile east of I-17.   All the rest of the way east it’s either State Trust or Tonto NF.  

8C6818C5-3845-45C5-86DC-7AD33D4073DD.png

Stanley thats not the one I am thinking of the road runs right along the gate on the north side of the pit.

Ill see if I can find it on satellite.

lots of deer back there too Carp deer and muleys , Kid and I took the hd2500 quite a few miles past the pit was as far as we could get to rough. Wanted to take her jeep back there next time she comes to back to AZ to do some calling.

Just now, maximus said:

that is a great satelite program, is it free or you have to pay?

I just did a yahoo search 1st one I clicked on. like you I like it alot also, been looking at it since I posted it. so I bookmarked it. it was free

• Like 1

Just now, Delw said:

I just did a yahoo search 1st one I clicked on. like you I like it alot also, been looking at it since I posted it. so I bookmarked it. it was free

thank you

• Like 1