PRDATR

1st Owner Looking to buy a new 4 Wheeler

Can am all the way there’s lots of stuff on you tube good luck!!  

100% Honda. Wouldnt consider anything else. Our family has had Hondas all the way back to 1992 through current day (not considering 80s 3-wheelers). Still have a couple of those Fourtrax from the early 90s that still run. Hondas are the most dependable and Az-ready machines you can buy. Had a a couple family members test the waters on Artic Cat and Polaris over the years and they quickly came back to Honda after relentless service issues. My 0.02$

• Like 2

Honda has always been the most reliable and dependable. Nothing even comes close in that department. I'm sure others have more "features"

• Like 3

If you want a nice 4 wheeler look for a used honda rancher. Tons of fun! Big but still fun and great for hunting or just rec riding/trail riding.

Artic cat was pretty cool too. I had a 2007 DVX 250. It was nice. Or if you're on a tighter budget find a polaris trail boss. They are very similar to Honda rancher but cheaper. But you get what you pay for remeber that! (Bad Carb issues for me) always had to play with the choke even after I rebuilt it myself then had a shop just get a new one. 

I had Honda's in 80's & 90's switched to Polaris in 2001 when I got a sportsman 400 as a fathers day gift.  I still have it and it runs great.  I also had a 2005 Polaris Ranger 500 and I now have a 2018 Polaris General.  Polaris has always been good to me and never left me stranded.  I take care of my stuff and do regular maintenance.  I might have stuck with Honda's years ago but they never changed with the times and they just figured people would buy them simply because it was a Honda.  Sorry but there are lots of good options out there nowadays. This topic comes up from time to time but it is kind of like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge.  When I was looking to upgrade my side-by-side a couple years ago, I never even considered anything else but a polaris because I have always been 100% satisfied by their products.  Good Luck on whatever you decide to get.

Honda.  Maybe Yamaha after that.  I just had good luck with Honda and had a bad experience with Polaris that wouldn’t have  happened with Honda.  Polaris got their start in ATVs by using snowmobile tech.  You can tell that they didn’t want to re-tool too much or hire different engineers.  They just put a snowmobile platform on wheels.  One good thing about that, is  they are great for women and children.  All you need to do is show them where the gas, brake and start button is.  The next day you can show them how to check to make sure fuel is in it.

7 hours ago, knothead said:

Polaris has always been good to me and never left me stranded.  

My Polaris only left me stranded once. That was on a date with some little girl from Heber. But it worked out ok.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’ve got a rancher, foreman and a pioneer. I love the two quads, I wouldn’t buy another Honda side by side though.  (Although I’ve heard they addressed a lot of the problems the 700 had with the 1000.). If I were to buy a new side by side I’d get a gator 835r with cab/heat/ac.  A buddy has one and it’s awesome.