07Guardian

Digital Calipers?

I am looking to purchase a new digital caliper.   Any recommendations?   Not afraid to spend the bigger bucks but don't want to if not needed.  What do you all prefer?

For reloading?

The harbor freight will do you just fine. Many youtube videos showing that they are extremely accurate up to .01 to the Mitutoyo. If that is "good enough" for you then save yourself $100.

I can't even fathom dealing with thousandths of an inch in reloading(although I have no doubt some on here do)

If you want "perfect" get the Mitutoyo

45 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I use mine 10-12 hours a day the batts have been in it for 2.5 years. the accuracy is still perfect .0005 if not better.

of coarse I only use them for reference and open tol work.  I also verify them with a block before every use. Been in this trade for 30+ years and Mits are one of the best inspection tool companies around.

I got the 8" and 12" ones

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems with the Rcbs . The Hornady wouldn't hold zero and quickly made its way to the trash can.

Spend the money for the good stuff. I have my dads etelon calipers that are 30 plus years old and still dead on. Starret is also good 

• Like 2

I have had my harbor freight ones for over 15 years. They never failed me,,,,, except the battery.

• Like 1

I use an iGuaging 6" EZ Cal.  

But Mitutoyo or Starett are the top dogs.

I measure to .0005" when seating bullets.

I use a barrel stub made with my reamer for measuring bullet base to ogive for sorting bullets and cartridge base to shoulder datum for measuring headspace and setting my dies. With that said I wouldn't trust any caliper but a Mitutoyo or a Starrett that measures to .0000".

'