Sign in to follow this  
T.Murphy4

Garmin Inreach Mini

Dang I just picked one up, this is a great deal!!! Love the text messaging option. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Tub said:

How so?  They are $310 new on amazon.

See above!  ^^^ SMH

The garmin mini is awesome.   The key is to hook it up to earthmate so you can text from your phone.   The Garmin mini is a game changer for guys that spend a bunch of time in the field.   Plus you can turn it on and off depending on usage.   Super cheap to own and operate.  

1 hour ago, recurveman said:

The garmin mini is awesome.   The key is to hook it up to earthmate so you can text from your phone.   The Garmin mini is a game changer for guys that spend a bunch of time in the field.   Plus you can turn it on and off depending on usage.   Super cheap to own and operate.  

This right here 👆what recurveman said. I had the full size one but sold it and got the mini. With onX on my iPhone I never used the maps on the full size inreach. The text messages are awesome when sync with your smart phone. The main reason I have mine is for the SOS button in case I get into some major trouble. I wish I had it on my last elk hunt, I could of text my buddies that I had a elk down 2 miles in and needed help for the pack out. They wanted to know why I didn’t come get them and were wondering why I didn’t notify them until that evening when I got service. I was literally 15 miles from service. 

bump it up

My brother was always worried about my solo trips back out of service and he bought me the mini for Christmas this year. It is something I should have had long ago and highly recommend it and the earthmate app.

these are awesome. I used mine in NM this year when we were miles form any service. One of the really cool features is if your buddy has one too you can communicate back and forth through the messaging feature and it doesn't count against your text count.

And the downloaded maps on earthmate were a lifesaver as well as no other mapping service worked where we were at.