I built a small pond on my property in unit 23.  With spring coming up I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of good plants to place in and around the pond.  Currently there is Tall Fescue that I planted at the end of summer and beginning of fall 2020.  Id like to have some other plants that help with habitat for the fish.  The one picture is from two weekends ago frozen solid and the other is just before I finished building it this summer.  Thanks for your help!

Frozen Pond.jpg

Pond .png

• Love 1

Nice!!  Sorry, I don't know anything about what plants to use- but I will volunteer to sit your treestand with my bow just to keep any undesirables from leaving a bunch of trail cams on it.

1 minute ago, 360 0r Better said:

I would call game and fish and ask to speak to their fisheries biologist and see what they recommend that would be your best bet to get it right 

I had the game and fish there for the fish permit I'm not sure why that didnt cross my mind.  I will do that thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, Lincoln Proctor said:

I had the game and fish there for the fish permit I'm not sure why that didnt cross my mind.  I will do that thanks for the tip!

What kind of fish are you stocking?

2 hours ago, Lincoln Proctor said:

Ha Ha!!  Although it looks like a tree stand its a diving platform for my crazy kids LOL!

Diving Platform.png

Dax Jumping.png

I sure hope this was taken before it froze!  😜