Sign in to follow this  
twigsnapper

WTB generator 3000 or bigger

Looking to buy a generator for running our camper, looking at the Honda eu3000is or the predator 3500 quiet inverter.  Open to others of similar size, needs to run great, i hate fighting things that don’t work.  Also open to opinions.  Need something I can haul in the bed of my truck or on a rack on the back of the 5th wheel. Live in north Phx.

Thanks

Andy 602-881-0610

Just my personally opinion. If you are moving them in about out of your bed and for flexibility I’d look at two 2000 that can link. I went from a honda eu3000 to twin Yamaha ef2000 and haven’t looked back. 

• Like 4

Check out the WEN 2000 inverter! I have one and absolutely love it probably one of the quietest generators I’ve ever heard. And you can parallel two of them together if needed.

When I had my camper I ran everything including the AC on a Champion 3100w inverter. It was great.  they also make a dual fuel model which can run off gas or propane. It was pretty much as quiet as a Honda at more than 1/2 the price. You can get them for $600-$750 (regular model). Great generators. 

• Like 1

I’m leaning toward the dual 2200 Honda setup or something similar but the dual fuel champion is interesting, my buddy has one, has used it for a year or so and he loves it.

They make a soft start kit for your ac that will allow a 2200 to run it. 

Buy once cry one like swaros. Hondas are tough to beat.

Remote start is really nice just saying when it's cold af and your battery dies in the middle of the night..

If you buy two Honda EU2200's, be sure one of them is the "Companion" model.  The companion has the 30 amp connector for hooking up to your trailer.  The two generators and the parallel kit are all you need if you go this way.  They also sell a 12v cord if you want to be able to charge a battery with it.

• Like 1

I like the Hondas but the Champions are a close second and if on a budget, you might be better off. 

I have a Champion 3500 for the trailer I leave in the pickup bed. I have a Champion 1200 for small tools and blowers I leave in the desert sticks. I can't tell you how many times I've had to reclaim it from the pack rats. But like my Honda equipment, both Champions always starts first pull.