Toad

WTB Blackhorn 209

29 minutes ago, NewlyMinted said:

I moved to pyrodex .. have a half bottle blackhorn that’s been in my safe with Dessicator for about a year if y’all are in t-town. Trade ya for some steel BB 12g or just take it and think nice thoughts 

I will take that 1/2 bottle. I will pm you with what I have for shot gun shells. Thanks! 

57 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

Don't hate me.  But Sportsmans Warehouse Flagstaff had 5 bottles sitting out about 3 weeks ago.  I bought all 5.  Then a few days later they had 5 more!  Didn't buy those but they didn't last long.  Already used most of 1 before and during the HAM hunt, kinda nervous about letting any go!

I haven’t seen any in Phoenix for a while.. I kick myself for not picking up a few bottles the last time I bought some. 

11 hours ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

Don't hate me.  But Sportsmans Warehouse Flagstaff had 5 bottles sitting out about 3 weeks ago.  I bought all 5.  Then a few days later they had 5 more!  Didn't buy those but they didn't last long.  Already used most of 1 before and during the HAM hunt, kinda nervous about letting any go!

so you went in there 5 days in a row? They only sell one pound a day? That's dedication. I snagged one pound and there was one left so I called a buddy and sent him in there same day but it was gone.

In Flagstaff they’re not holding you to the 1 pound a day on muzzleloader stuff.  Just on smokeless powders and reloading components.   You can pick up all the Pyrodex , 777 or blackhorn you want!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

so you went in there 5 days in a row? They only sell one pound a day? That's dedication. I snagged one pound and there was one left so I called a buddy and sent him in there same day but it was gone.

Bought 5 bottles at once. She even called it in to her manager for approval. 

Had been to reeders, ruffs, and cal ranch. Stopped by SW on way home and got lucky. Burning lots of powder since both my kids got muzzys for Christmas. Those bottles don’t last long...

8 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

Bought 5 bottles at once. She even called it in to her manager for approval. 

Had been to reeders, ruffs, and cal ranch. Stopped by SW on way home and got lucky. Burning lots of powder since both my kids got muzzys for Christmas. Those bottles don’t last long...

4317.6 grains in a 10oz bottle of Blackhorn. Sounds like a lot but that only works out to about 72 charges of 60grain loads in a bottle.

1 hour ago, Toad said:

The stuff definitely goes fast - thankfully I have the load development all done and just need enough for some “futuristic”hunts.

Ironic dichotomy there, going primitive in the future....

I'm wanting to reload 45-70 with Blackhorn powder.

It goes very fast.  I shoot 110-120 grain each shot.  
I buy as much as allowed,  if that’s 1 than I come back and get another later.  If it’s 10 then I might get some or all.  If I can help friends out by selling it to them I do.   
Just like the one I sold to Redman, I don’t know him, but I know he needs some and I can spare it.  If I had only bought one I couldn’t pass it on to help others.  

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Ironic dichotomy there, going primitive in the future....

I'm wanting to reload 45-70 with Blackhorn powder.

I have been a muzzleloader hunter for a long time - “futuristic” is used in terms of whether or not I end up with a tag but I see where it sounds ironic. I guess it’s as ironic as calling Blackhorn primitive but I am not going down that rabbit hole 😂