SirRoyal

Azgfd Official Letter to the Governor's GRRC Concerning Trail Cameras

6 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Fair chase or no?

3A0353CF-E218-46D2-817A-8FFB80BF1A36.jpeg

A black eye for hunters being that the guides were trying to keep people out of the area like they owned the area, but lots of conservation money for wildlife. It was kind of a double edged sword.

1 minute ago, AZ11 said:

A black eye for hunters being that the guides were trying to keep people out of the area like they owned the area, but lots of conservation money for wildlife. Kind of a double edged sword.

The problem is the gold coins. The double edge sword is the Department likes said gold coins. 

17 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Is the governors elk tag that sells for 100s of thousands dollars fair chase?

For a Governors tag if a trail camera is involved in the scouting, or taking the animal yes it's currently legal, but just like any hunt that takes place in Arizona I wouldn't consider it fair chase due to the use of trail cams.     

18 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Here’s a pic of me and my boy checking cams. Pretty unsafe activity and completely unfair chase. Smfh 

510D242E-A2DA-41FB-BBFA-9ABA58AB0828.png

Yeah looks harmless and safe! Someday you will have to tell your son that the guides tend to take it to the extreme on trail cams, and spotters which has resulted in the reason for the banning of trail cameras!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

Trail Cams will soon be Banned in Arizona, no doubt about it! The reason they will be banned is because a lot of guides have chosen to cover units water sources with hundreds of cams at a time so they don't have spend extra time and money to locate the animal themselves with glassing and boot leather. This also allows Guides/DIY sportsman to have the sense that once they have a photo of the animal that it is now their animal and others should not be able to hunt that animal. When hunting season rolls around and multiple hunters know where the biggest animals are watering and at what time, this ultimately increases the chance that hunter conflicts will occur. Another reason Trail Cameras will be banned is because it is not fair chase. When setting trail cameras on all water sources and having them track the majority of animals throughout the entire unit while you are at home, or work is not what scouting/hunting was intended to be. To be in the field and present when an animal is found, or harvested is fair chase and what hunting should be. Another reason trail cameras will be banned and not the laser rangefinders, long range rifles/scopes, binoculars etc, is because you have to be with those items in the field to harvest that animal, and not at home sleeping. Another reason trail cameras will be banned is because Sir Royal does everything I just explained, and although he won't admit it I think the majority of sportsman are tired of it! 🙂

Wrong on all points! They will not be banned!  Not sure who you are but l'll out glass, out walk, out hunt you anyday of the week with or without trailcams. I always put in my time in the field with a video camera in my hand or with a few trail cams out in the field or sitting on a mountain glassing  or sitting a waterhole myself to see whats coming in.  You'll be hard pressed to prove anything you have said! Just because you say it doesnt mean its true. But most blowhards like yourself are exactly that blowhards .  Always be careful to have your facts straight before you attack a guy personally. 

But this isnt about me its about your perception of guides which its easy to tell your already biased against them. I get it you gotta blame somebody for you not being a very  successful hunter. Jealousy prevails!!!

Trail Cams are not a fair chase issue talk to any Record book Committee.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Wrong on all points! They will not be banned!  Not sure who you are but l'll out glass, out walk, out hunt you anyday of the week with or without trailcams. I always put in my time in the field with a video camera in my hand or with a few trail cams out in the field or sitting on a mountain glassing  or sitting a waterhole myself to see whats coming in.  You'll be hard pressed to prove anything you have said! Just because you say it doesnt mean its true. But most blowhards like yourself are exactly that blowhards .  Always be careful to have your facts straight before you attack a guy personally. 

But this isnt about me its about your perception of guides which its easy to tell your already biased against them. I get it you gotta blame somebody for you not being a very  successful hunter. Jealousy prevails!!!

Trail Cams are not a fair chase issue talk to any Record book Committee.

Sir royal, you're the biggest blow hard on here.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Not only are Cameras gonna get regulated or banned, but no more paying for a seperate community fishing license to fish the Urban lakes.  Sounds like a win for Sportsmen and Anglers.

Shouldn’t you be running your husband a warm, scented bath instead of talking to men on the internet? 

9 hours ago, AZ11 said:

A black eye for hunters being that the guides were trying to keep people out of the area like they owned the area, but lots of conservation money for wildlife. It was kind of a double edged sword.

money for everyone in that pic too.