SirRoyal

Azgfd Official Letter to the Governor's GRRC Concerning Trail Cameras

have the success rates gone up in the last few years? and if they did, are we sure thats not because people are shooting far now? i aint buying that success rate talk. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThomC said:

Uh, did anyone watch the commission meeting and understand what they said?

It should repost next week on their website ! I caught the last few minutes. A partial ban is now being proposed and a 1/4 mile rule. 

It might as well be a full ban when you see the dates proposed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So new guys join in with very little history and a few post as members  and start bashing old Sir Royal......Wow, sad and not the Coueswhitetail way!  

The question is what did AZGFD do before Dec 4,  5-0  vote to start the complete ban??  Not hearsay- 2nd or 3rd person removed assumptions...   Please share a link of any such items as the reopening of an emergency rule making to solve the critical public safety concern to maintain trail cameras! Again specific use of trail cameras for public advisement in 2018-2019 or 2020 up until December 4th.

Such as public education- ethics- fair chase use of cameras- roles & responsibilities- solve conflicts at water sources and hunter interactions- disturbance of wildlife- photos of others- damage or thief's- selling of cam images-  and even our few high profile units when to many cameras being used- per an individuals liking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

It should repost next week on their website ! I caught the last few minutes. A partial ban is now being proposed and a 1/4 mile rule. 

It might as well be a full ban when you see the dates proposed. 

Might as well sell your cameras now while they're still worth a few bucks!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

Yeah looks harmless and safe! Someday you will have to tell your son that the guides tend to take it to the extreme on trail cams, and spotters which has resulted in the reason for the banning of trail cameras!

We will keep running cams in areas I won’t occupy. Little man will cut his teeth in Alaska. Can’t wait!

13 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

have the success rates gone up in the last few years? and if they did, are we sure thats not because people are shooting far now? i aint buying that success rate talk. 

The department hasn’t expressed this. It’s my own logic and deduction. First cams that were disbanded were cell cams. Por que?

13 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Certainly couldn’t be a fair chase issue. As the governors tag is 365 days and is neck deep in paid helpers. If they call trail cams unfair chase I would argue the governors tag is the reigning champ of the unfair chase discussion. And it all begins with a dude with a pocket full of cash at a banquet. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

Might as well sell your cameras now while they're still worth a few bucks!

You might as well kiss hunting goodby in your lifetime friend! Because now they have brought to the forefront fearful SAFETY issues in hunting starting as simple as a trail cam ban , Now 2 hunters arguing over a hunting spot with guns oh my now they are gonna shoot each other and or beat each other to death  (SAFETY ) it could happen so lets stop it now !  Now maybe we should  we ban guns because they can hurt another hunter or ourselves or an innocent bystander . IT DOESNT STOP! 

What about those bullets that miss their target with no proper backstop . SAFETY

What about that arrow that just missed its intended animal. Where did it go oops it could of hit a hunter or bystander , I mean come on there is alot more people in the woods now days its dangerous ( SAFETY)

Have they ever considered adding TRAIL CAM ethics to the hunter education safety course 1st. Teach our hunting public the standard . So now we should ban cars because a 16 year old might race with it and kill himself. No you educate him about the hazards . If he messes up you take his car away. Hmmm Laws only work if their enforceable and have consequences and those that follow the laws understand that.  Any Trail cam ban will be unenforceable because you cant (Hunter ) but he can (Nonhunter)

GAME & FISH has opened up a can of worms anything to do with hunting can now be based on a safety issue anti's are gonna love this one! 

What a bunch of foolish men like yourself that have bought into it! Shame on you 

Start selling your guns and bows its a Public Hazard based on the AZGFD LETTER. 

THE REPERCUSSION DOES NOT STOOOOOOP! It will echo through our hunting world for years to come. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 2/19/2021 at 10:41 PM, AZ11 said:

A black eye for hunters being that the guides were trying to keep people out of the area like they owned the area, but lots of conservation money for wildlife. It was kind of a double edged sword.

Yup and this bull was located with cameras.

• Like 2

Wow, that's quite a leap Sir Royal!! Something is going to be done with the cams, Az isn’t the only state having issues with them. I like the idea of a season, but don’t care if they go for a ban. Doesn’t seem possible to have a real discussion on it as people’s emotions seem to take over and conspiracy theories start emerging. I didn’t need cams for my first 30+ years of hunting and don’t need them going forward. I have enjoyed them but they are not necessary to my success or enjoyment of my time in the hills. 

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

You might as well kiss hunting goodby in your lifetime friend! Because now they have brought to the forefront fearful SAFETY issues in hunting starting as simple as a trail cam ban , Now 2 hunters arguing over a hunting spot with guns oh my now they are gonna shoot each other and or beat each other to death  (SAFETY ) it could happen so lets stop it now !  Now maybe we should  we ban guns because they can hurt another hunter or ourselves or an innocent bystander . IT DOESNT STOP! 

What about those bullets that miss their target with no proper backstop . SAFETY

What about that arrow that just missed its intended animal. Where did it go oops it could of hit a hunter or bystander , I mean come on there is alot more people in the woods now days its dangerous ( SAFETY)

Have they ever considered adding TRAIL CAM ethics to the hunter education safety course 1st. Teach our hunting public the standard . So now we should ban cars because a 16 year old might race with it and kill himself. No you educate him about the hazards . If he messes up you take his car away. Hmmm Laws only work if their enforceable and have consequences and those that follow the laws understand that.  Any Trail cam ban will be unenforceable because you cant (Hunter ) but he can (Nonhunter)

GAME & FISH has opened up a can of worms anything to do with hunting can now be based on a safety issue anti's are gonna love this one! 

What a bunch of foolish men like yourself that have bought into it! Shame on you 

Start selling your guns and bows its a Public Hazard based on the AZGFD LETTER. 

THE REPERCUSSION DOES NOT STOOOOOOP! It will echo through our hunting world for years to come. 

I agree that the overreaching can get out of control but this is a stretch. Banning cameras leads to no hunting? There is a real argument to be made that it will lead to better "hunting". Maybe less taking of a targeted animal and fewer trophy guides out there. Anyone that has been to the bab, strip, 9 or 10 for elk that didn't have a guide with them knows the misery of the cameras and guides use of them during seasons. Just because they may change the way you have become accustomed to hunting doesn't mean it's all coming to an end. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1