SirRoyal

Azgfd Official Letter to the Governor's GRRC Concerning Trail Cameras

1 hour ago, AZkiller said:

I agree that the overreaching can get out of control but this is a stretch. Banning cameras leads to no hunting? There is a real argument to be made that it will lead to better "hunting". Maybe less taking of a targeted animal and fewer trophy guides out there. Anyone that has been to the bab, strip, 9 or 10 for elk that didn't have a guide with them knows the misery of the cameras and guides use of them during seasons. Just because they may change the way you have become accustomed to hunting doesn't mean it's all coming to an end. 

Its already over Trophy hunting with or without cameras it has now become the standard for many of our youth based on Daddys wanting bragging rights .I get it. But they are raising and ruining a whole generation of entitlement driven kids that will become adults without understanding what hunting is really about! 

I make my kids appreciate and understand hunting 1st. They have to harvest a cow elk 1st before being allowed to hunt a bull. 

Friend I was successful before trail cameras. I just love to watch nature mature thru the lens of a camera. But I dont need them .  I love to hunt, and use this tool to generate excitement and enthusiasm through the non hunting cycles.   I have helped 100's and 100's of people through out my hunting career all on my dime. 

I have guided a very limited number of Folks just to be out there more often and cover my expenses.  I dont need the money I have a day job. Its a non profit endeavor but for the Love of it I go. 

How often are you in unit 9? If you actually had boots on the ground year after year like I do. You would know that there are more trail cams from individuals in unit 9 than outfitters! Ding Ding . Round 2. 

• Like 2

Yup and this bull was located with cameras.

I do believe there are some ethical issues here based on public perception.  But I would say beyond the Trail cam issue the 1st and formost issue is POSSE hunting . How a wealthy guy can buy alot of people turns my stomach. But the average guy who draws a premium tag does the same thing now . All his buddies and friends of buddies showup and surround the animals giving it no chance of escape. I dont hunt that way. Its one on one with maybe 1 spotter if Im lucky. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

I do believe there are some ethical issues here based on public perception.  But I would say beyond the Trail cam issue the 1st and formost issue is POSSE hunting . How a wealthy guy can buy alot of people turns my stomach. But the average guy who draws a premium tag does the same thing now . All his buddies and friends of buddies showup and surround the animals giving it no chance of escape. I dont hunt that way. Its one on one with maybe 1 spotter if Im lucky. 

So you are ok with banning the way some guys hunt, but not the way you do?  Atleast those guys are out in the field.  

28 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

Its already over Trophy hunting with or without cameras it has now become the standard for many of our youth based on Daddys wanting bragging rights .I get it. But they are raising and ruining a whole generation of entitlement driven kids that will become adults without understanding what hunting is really about! 

I make my kids appreciate and understand hunting 1st. They have to harvest a cow elk 1st before being allowed to hunt a bull. 

Friend I was successful before trail cameras. I just love to watch nature mature thru the lens of a camera While at work or sitting on the couch . But I dont need them .  I love to hunt, and use this tool to generate excitement and enthusiasm through the non hunting cycles.   I have helped 100's and 100's of people through out my hunting career all on my dime. 

I have guided a very limited number of Folks just to be out there more often and cover my expenses.  I dont need the money I have a day job. Its a non profit endeavor but for the Love of it I go. 

How often are you in unit 9? If you actually had boots on the ground year after year like I do. You would know that there are more trail cams from individuals in unit 9 than outfitters! Ding Ding . Round 2. 

*Fixed it for you. 

A ban will not prevent you from getting out in the field behind a camera lens.

• Like 2

I agree that the overreaching can get out of control but this is a stretch. Banning cameras leads to no hunting? There is a real argument to be made that it will lead to better "hunting". Maybe less taking of a targeted animal and fewer trophy guides out there. Anyone that has been to the bab, strip, 9 or 10 for elk that didn't have a guide with them knows the misery of the cameras and guides use of them during seasons. Just because they may change the way you have become accustomed to hunting doesn't mean it's all coming to an end. 

I had the archery 9 tag in 2019. Was there cameras- Absolutely!  Did I have any conflicts as per the camera in fighting as suggested not all!  In fact- I made a few new fiends through trail cameras at these popular trick tanks. I only had one person with me during the hunt and was the time of my life with taking a great bull through dedication through hunting solo. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

So you are ok with banning the way some guys hunt, but not the way you do?  Atleast those guys are out in the field.  

Dont put words in my mouth! I dont want any banning ! But I do believe we need AZGFD to start education about these hunting ethics such as Trail cam edicate and Posse hunting. 

53 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

*Fixed it for you. 

A ban will not prevent you from getting out in the field behind a camera lens.

You sir are a lost cause! Quit acting like a liberal adding to my posts things I did not say! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Lol, Name calling now.  Sucks when people point out all your inconsistencies, false statements and scare tactics.   Like I have told you before, Do the pro- camera crowd a favor and do not go in front of the commission.  You sir, are going into an intelligent discussion unarmed with the required intelligence.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Lol, Name calling now.  Sucks when people point out all your inconsistencies, false statements and scare tactics.   Like I have told you before, Do the pro- camera crowd a favor and do not go in front of the commission.  You sir, are going into an intelligent discussion unarmed with the required intelligence.  

Lol! Ok We are made stronger by the voice of our critics! Thank you! When you grow up maybe you will understand. Just because you say  it doesnt make it true. 

Have a good day ! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Friend I was successful before trail cameras. I just love to watch nature mature thru the lens of a camera. But I dont need them .  I love to hunt, and use this tool to generate excitement and enthusiasm through the non hunting cycles.   I have helped 100's and 100's of people through out my hunting career all on my dime. 

Just curious... how do you know that there are more cameras run by individuals vs outfitters in unit 9?

On 2/22/2021 at 9:22 AM, bigbuckclub said:

Just curious... how do you know that there are more cameras run by individuals vs outfitters in unit 9?

If you seen the cameras you would crack up. Lots of home made boxes easy to spot. And I know the outfitters cams. 

• Confused 2

On 2/21/2021 at 9:15 AM, mc68 said:

Wow, that's quite a leap Sir Royal!! Something is going to be done with the cams, Az isn’t the only state having issues with them. I like the idea of a season, but don’t care if they go for a ban. Doesn’t seem possible to have a real discussion on it as people’s emotions seem to take over and conspiracy theories start emerging. I didn’t need cams for my first 30+ years of hunting and don’t need them going forward. I have enjoyed them but they are not necessary to my success or enjoyment of my time in the hills. 

Lets stay on point! We (I) know way more about what the motives are behind this than most of you guys . Reason is I do more than talk I walk the walk. I'm in the field more than most of you keyboard assassins. I personally have talked to the powers that be. Their motive and objective is so colored by their own ambitions they cant even prove why they started this in the 1st place. Was it Fair Chase? Was it Public safety? Was it to fight anti's? Was it to keep it out of the Legislators hands? Was it a personal emotional experience by a dept employee that mixed in other issues but blamed it on cameras and public safety? 

I have stated time and time again . I run cameras with or with out  hunters paid or not because I love it. This is not about hunting skills (I was born with that)😁🤠. Its about freedoms and unenforceable laws! JOE PUBLIC CAN . JOE HUNTER CAN'T.

Preparing , Scouting, taking kids , taking friends, anticipating the hunt, then finally the hunt. Its all about  (EMOTION). So dont tell me its not ! 

Conspiracy theories How about Facts 

1. Kurt Davis is a Lobbyist and the Chairman of the commissioners. He only has 8 months left to follow through on his promises to get rid of Trail cams. Then he is out!

2.  This is just a dog and pony show. Their gonna do what they want anyway! 

4. I find it Rare a MAN that will stand for his CONVICTIONS in spite of his Critics and their tactics used to try to discredit him!

5. There are plants on this forum here to discredit. 

• Like 1

People are probably getting tired of these trail cam posts. How many times do you have to talk about the same crap over and over again?

1 hour ago, AZ11 said:

People are probably getting tired of these trail cam posts. How many times do you have to talk about the same crap over and over again?

Until we defeat it and as long as you keep responding! 😁