SirRoyal

Azgfd Official Letter to the Governor's GRRC Concerning Trail Cameras

3 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Lets stay on point! We (I) know way more about what the motives are behind this than most of you guys . Reason is I do more than talk I walk the walk. I'm in the field more than most of you keyboard assassins. I personally have talked to the powers that be. Their motive and objective is so colored by their own ambitions they cant even prove why they started this in the 1st place. Was it Fair Chase? Was it Public safety? Was it to fight anti's? Was it to keep it out of the Legislators hands? Was it a personal emotional experience by a dept employee that mixed in other issues but blamed it on cameras and public safety? 

I have stated time and time again . I run cameras with or with out  hunters paid or not because I love it. This is not about hunting skills (I was born with that)😁🤠. Its about freedoms and unenforceable laws! JOE PUBLIC CAN . JOE HUNTER CAN'T.

Preparing , Scouting, taking kids , taking friends, anticipating the hunt, then finally the hunt. Its all about  (EMOTION). So dont tell me its not ! 

Conspiracy theories How about Facts 

1. Kurt Davis is a Lobbyist and the Chairman of the commissioners. He only has 8 months left to follow through on his promises to get rid of Trail cams. Then he is out!

2.  This is just a dog and pony show. Their gonna do what they want anyway! 

4. I find it Rare a MAN that will stand for his CONVICTIONS in spite of his Critics and their tactics used to try to discredit him!

5. There are plants on this forum here to discredit. 

Sir Royal let’s stay on point here. Nevada has already limited trail Cam use, Utah is in the process of banning, or limiting their use, and same thing is going to happen in Arizona. When multiple States choose to ban, or limit an items use there is obviously a major problem going on that you seem to be ignoring. You mention you have the hunting skills, and that you are out in the woods more then most. Well soon you will have every opportunity in the world to use the skills you claim without the use of trail cams. 

• Like 4

The real problem is guides used to be called outfitters.  And all they did was help the hunter with horses, camping, etc.  Now it expected and paid more for an almost tied up trophy.  Hence the outfitters are using every trick and electronic gadget to make the big $$.   There are all kinds of new tools to make hunting easier.  They are starting with cameras but what is next?  G&F controls licensed guides.  Hiring a guide to do most of the work and point out an animal is not fair chase.  The Guides aid in the success of "take" of animals much more than average hunters.  So, why doesnt G&F change the rules for guides?  I will bet that you can guess the answer.  

The AZ G&F commission was created to keep the politics and special interests out of the management of wildlife.  What happened?  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

When multiple States choose to ban, or limit an items use there is obviously a major problem going on that you seem to be ignoring. 

Multiple states highly regulate handgun ownership and possession. Multiple states regulate ammunition sales. Multiple states do not allow concealed carry.

Does that mean there is a major problem we are ignoring?

For the record, I am on neither side of this debate. Just pointing out flawed logic when I see it.

• Like 6

I have been hunting for nearly 40 years.  The game has changed greatly in that time.  One of the things I notice is the growing scarcity of hunters tracks away from roads.  ATVs, digital range finders, multi thousand dollar optics, long range rifles and on 'n on are more useful  "in taking of game".  Trail cameras do much less in taking of game than most advents in our sport.  Cameras have not aided me in taking of game.  

AZG&F heads seem to press one style of hunting over others.  Their bias is not based on facts, but prejudice.  If we outlawed ATVs and digital rangefinders, we'd be getting closer to what hunting used to be,  These AZG&F guys seem to prefer "long distance hunting" while trying to stop people from using water holes.   Maybe, in their eyes, they think hunting over water is some new hunting phenomena,   

I am not against the way others hunt.  What I am fervently opposed to is game and fish actively working against hunters.  I would like to know if the hunting public has a route to replace career game and fish personal who work against the people who pay their wages.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MT_Sourdough said:

I have been hunting for nearly 40 years.  The game has changed greatly in that time.  One of the things I notice is the growing scarcity of hunters tracks away from roads.  ATVs, digital range finders, multi thousand dollar optics, long range rifles and on 'n on are more useful  "in taking of game".  Trail cameras do much less in taking of game than most advents in our sport.  Cameras have not aided me in taking of game.  

AZG&F heads seem to press one style of hunting over others.  Their bias is not based on facts, but prejudice.  If we outlawed ATVs and digital rangefinders, we'd be getting closer to what hunting used to be,  These AZG&F guys seem to prefer "long distance hunting" while trying to stop people from using water holes.   Maybe, in their eyes, they think hunting over water is some new hunting phenomena,   

I am not against the way others hunt.  What I am fervently opposed to is game and fish actively working against hunters.  I would like to know if the hunting public has a route to replace career game and fish personal who work against the people who pay their wages.

AZGFD personnel push the agenda that is set by the commission.

6 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

Cameras may not have helped you, but what about the guides that have  30 people out there checking every camera and then spreading out once they find the camera that has what they are after?

23 hours ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

Sir Royal let’s stay on point here. Nevada has already limited trail Cam use, Utah is in the process of banning, or limiting their use, and same thing is going to happen in Arizona. When multiple States choose to ban, or limit an items use there is obviously a major problem going on that you seem to be ignoring. You mention you have the hunting skills, and that you are out in the woods more then most. Well soon you will have every opportunity in the world to use the skills you claim without the use of trail cams. 

Yes lets stay on a point I have stated over and over. I use cameras for pure enjoyment. I dont use them very much during a hunt because I try to be courtesy and not mess up someones hunt by checking a camera. I try to do unto others how I want others to treat me! 

What amazes me is you talk like a Leo or a person that is a affiliated with Azgfd or the commission and you assume you know how I hunt. 

Also Dont assume Trail cams are going away! Its not over till its over. I expect to continue to run trail  cams for years to come! 😁

6 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

Cameras may not have helped you, but what about the guides that have  30 people out there checking every camera and then spreading out once they find the camera that has what they are after?

Whether there is cameras or not there will still be 30 sets of eyes out there or what we call posse hunting or platoon hunting and it will even be worse without trailcams. There is no easy fix . So lets do some better hunter education programs teaching folks better etiquette in and on all lawful ways of hunting! 

• Like 1