bowhunter-tw

Anybody have beetles for skulls?

10 hours ago, joohnnybgood said:

There was a younger dude in San Tan who was doing it a couple of years ago...

I think you might be referring to my son Draysen? He has done skulls for a pile of members on here. He doesn't use beetles. There was another guy out here in STV, can't recall his name right now, that used beetles. Good guy, but he got out of it about 6 months ago. He offered to sell all his beetle stuff to Draysen, but the wife wanted nothing to do with 100,000+ flesh eating bugs.😂 Draysen is simmering them, but unlike a lot of guys we see doing them on Facebook these days, he does javelina the right way. They have bones than have such deep saturated grease, that they need a month, sometimes more, after cleaning to do a deep long leeching soak in a degreasing agent to make them look right right long term. We have learned through a lot of experience, that you can do a javelina in a weekend, and it will look fantastic for a few months, but in time, that grease ALWAYS pulls through, and it shows. I might have to do a picture post to demonstrate one of these days.

Anyhow, if you are interested in my son doing them, hit me up. I'll include his current info below.

767221086_GHSPricingSheet2020.thumb.jpg.1dba9eff7ccb8ec6585da2b59fa30b1f.jpg

• Like 3

If you end up coming to Tucson Cole with CMC Skull Works has been doing skulls with Dermestid beetles for close to 20 years now. He does excellent work.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LJSIII said:

If you end up coming to Tucson Cole with CMC Skull Works has been doing skulls with Dermestid beetles for close to 20 years now. He does excellent work.  

Appreciate the info, I probably wont make it down that way too soon.

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

think you might be referring to my son Draysen?

Sounds like he does a good job and looks to be reasonably priced. I will reach out to him! Thanks!

• Like 3