Sign in to follow this  
HuntHarder

Any Crypto traders out there?

I am pretty versed in stocks, but I decided to start getting me feet wet with Crypto recently.   Anyone else trade this stuff regularly?  I am intrigued by the 24 hour market and the amount of peaks and valleys.  I made my first deposit into Binance.us and am up 14% in under a week.  The platform itself leaves little to be desired and I am thinking of moving my coins elsewhere.  I am signed up on coinbase and coinbase pro but wondered what everyone else uses.  

• Like 2

I had a lot of trouble getting kicked off the system in the middle of transactions and needing to start over on the security login, made me nervous plus other countries including the us are getting ready to take control or ban some of it so we bailed.

• Like 1

Not to thread jack, but hopefully to add to it:  

im curious what firms are people using to buy physical precious metals?  I’ve been pulling back on the stock market the last couple months and considering some crypto and metals with the prospect of astronomical inflation on the horizon

3 hours ago, mattys281 said:

im curious what firms are people using to buy physical precious metals?  I’ve been pulling back on the stock market the last couple months and considering some crypto and metals with the prospect of astronomical inflation on the horizon

https://americanfederal.com/

This company offered me 97% of spot price for my placer gold. That's 12% better than anyone else so I would certainly do business with them buying bullion or coins as well.

1 hour ago, mattys281 said:

It's very competitive right now with lot's of demand.  Most of the dealers are pretty close to one another, the only deals seem to be if you find a private party willing to sell close to spot.  Precious metals seem way overpriced but with all of the fiat overprinting maybe it's still a good deal.  I'm not predicting in any way shape or form but I do love stuff I can lay my hands on :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

I am pretty versed in stocks, but I decided to start getting me feet wet with Crypto recently.   Anyone else trade this stuff regularly?  I am intrigued by the 24 hour market and the amount of peaks and valleys.  I made my first deposit into Binance.us and am up 14% in under a week.  The platform itself leaves little to be desired and I am thinking of moving my coins elsewhere.  I am signed up on coinbase and coinbase pro but wondered what everyone else uses.  

Robinhood - I have some DOGE coins and it drives me crazy to see it go up and down. 

• Like 2

There's a lot of counterfeit coins and bullion out there if you're not buying from a trusted dealer.

Know the exact weight and dimensions ahead of time of any coin or brand of bullion you're looking at purchasing from a private party. I preset a micrometer when looking at trade coins. The weight of a fake gold coin or bar may be correct, but the dimensions have to be increased when substitute metals are forged.

If the metal item is something you can acid test, find an inconspicuous place on the metal to do a streak test. Acid kits are very inexpensive and only take a little practice to be good at.

Some bullion like the PAMP bars can be checked for authenticity using an app available for tablets and iPhones.

• Like 1

I use Coinbase to make my purchases and have recently set up a BlockFi account that pays 6% interest if you are holding... up to 2.5 bitcoin. any more than 2.5 and they pay 3%. That's a good one to check out.