Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Best tires for diesel trucks

Every since a bunch of guys on here suggested Toyo at2 I have ran those. I get 50,000 out of them. Just had the new at3 version put on and they have been great as well.  No complaints

I run the nittos on my 2018 2500 and I like them so far. Only put around 20,000 miles on them so far. I am religious above t rotating every 5,000 miles and they are wearing great so far

Running Goodyear duratrac's on my 2016 Ram 3500. On my 3rd set and have got between 50k & 55k out of each set. Made a ton of difference on how it gets around in mud snow and off road.

I'm running BFG AT now. My factory duratracs lasted 23k. Jury is still out on my BFGs. 

I've been running the Toyota MT's on my dodge 2500 since probably 2008 with no complaints. I got about 55k on the first set with religious rotation. Now get about 40k ish , with only a couple rotations and they also changed the rubber compound around 2012 ish .... which i think is more of the factor in lasting longer. I still run them and love them though. 

I have had Nitto and have them now, Ridge Grapplers. Completely agree with the AZ rocks eating them, chunks of them missing. I had better luck with Toyo as others have stated. Has anyone found a tire that does not get torn up while offroad?  I know it is probably somewhat of an issue of 65 PSI and not airing down but I am a bit lazy and would pay more for a tougher tire. My Sierra 2500 is not a daily driver so I am not nearly as concerned about road noise and such.