bonecollector

Tick Tock

Just now, codyhuntsaz said:

Where have you been? This IS going on. 

No, he said to pass tags to adults. Yes, It does happen for kids. Could you imagine if adults could receive a tag? No way. That would start an all out race and war to find the most friends to apply and pass their tag. No thanks. 

• Like 1

Who cares about bonus point updates!  I want my 11 year old to get a tag!  Early rifle bull, antelope, Strip tag, sheep, Buffalo, 23 Coues tag.  Maybe a state wide tag for all species.  

• Haha 1

Lifers crying about how many points they have and newbies crying about how hard it is to draw premium hunts.  Meanwhile un picky hunters draw late rifle bull hunts every other year.

Realizing your strategy sucks must hurt but there’s no shame in rethinking it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hunter1981 said:

Lifers crying about how many points they have and newbies crying about how hard it is to draw premium hunts.  Meanwhile un picky hunters draw late rifle bull hunts every other year.

Realizing your strategy sucks must hurt but there’s no shame in rethinking it.

How about the guy (me) who applied for “regular” antelope tags...first 6 years rifle, next 10 years archery....then figured, heck with 18 points maybe I should try for a “premium tag”. And here I am with 27 points. 

Fatlanders family keeps taking your antelope tag!  Inside job

3 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

How about the guy (me) who applied for “regular” antelope tags...first 6 years rifle, next 10 years archery....then figured, heck with 18 points maybe I should try for a “premium tag”. And here I am with 27 points. 

I agree, that is just unlucky because Antelope hunts don’t have antler-less options.  I guess my point only applies to elk.

• Like 1

Cody this is your year man!  You earned it/deserve it!  

10 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

Maybe coueswhitetail can start an antelope hunting thread where you can express your feelings?

My point is, if you don’t care about premium hunts and are interested in the sport, it makes no sense to accept 20+years of not hunting.

The dude put in for 10 years of archery hunts!  He is just unlucky.  
I drew 2 archery tags(2 in 10 years) and 1 muzz hunt(7 points) in 25 years.  

3 tags New Mexico.  Got a herd now. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter1981 said:

Maybe coueswhitetail can start an antelope hunting thread where you can express your feelings?

My point is, if you don’t care about premium hunts and are interested in the sport, it makes no sense to accept 20+years of not hunting.

You won’t get a fight out of me on that...if I wanted a mediocre tag I could have had one by now. But to have the same odds at a “premium tag”  as a person with just a couple points seems ridiculous. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, az300wby said:

Cody this is your year man!  You earned it/deserve it!  

Let’s hope...I’m still not in the bonus pass for the 1 hunt I applied for....silly me for wanting to hunt a specific unit. Haha 

1 minute ago, az300wby said:

The dude put in for 10 years of archery hunts!  He is just unlucky.  
I drew 2 archery tags(2 in 10 years) and 1 muzz hunt(7 points) in 25 years.  

3 tags New Mexico.  Got a herd now. 

Ok, now that’s a solid strategy, and lucky.  That info was missing from the 27 points posts.

Not everyone on here knows each other btw. 

1 minute ago, Hunter1981 said:

Ok, now that’s a solid strategy, and lucky.  That info was missing from the 27 points posts.

Not everyone on here knows each other btw. 

I don’t know him....and I literally just told you that “strategy “ 5 mins ago and quoted you in the post. Haha 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

You won’t get a fight out of me on that...if I wanted a mediocre tag I could have had one by now. But to have the same odds at a “premium tag”  as a person with just a couple points seems ridiculous. 

Absolutely, seems like you have a strategy and are in this 100%.  Good on you and good luck I meant this more for people expecting high value hunts with a ton of points or no points al all.

• Like 1