bonecollector

Tick Tock

9 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Why does anyone else deserve a high value hunt?

Interesting opinion coming from someone who has benefited so much from two things they are advocating against on this thread. Point guard, which equals donated tags and "deserving" people receiving high value hunts year in and year out. If nobody "deserves" a high value tag, put the "donated" tags back into the pot and they go next in line. 

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Interesting opinion coming from someone who has benefited so much from two things they are advocating against on this thread. Point guard, which equals donated tags and "deserving" people receiving high value hunts year in and year out. If nobody "deserves" a high value tag, put the "donated" tags back into the pot and they go next in line. 

No question my son has had some awesome experiences with tags that were donated. There is also no question that point guard has increased the opportunity for people to game the system. 

No one person deserves a tag more than another. Right now, our system of awarding tags has become ripe for abuse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

No question my son has had some awesome experiences with tags that were donated. There is also no question that point guard has increased the opportunity for people to game the system. 

No one person deserves a tag more than another. Right now, our system of awarding tags has become ripe for abuse.

I agree with most of what you said except for the part that is bold as it is again a contradiction. I do like the idea of donated tags being able to allocated to people with certain, life altering disabilities but those tags should NOT be able to be allocated to whoever the certain group decides. What I do not like is how the tag donation system is being taken advantage of, much like crossbow permits. There are a few "disabled" kids (I know I'll get some backlash here) that have been donated upwards of 10 primo tags in a couple year period. With your statement above, how do these select few individuals receive enough tags in a couple years to achieve their AZ Big 10 at what, 16 years old? It also raises an eyebrow that these individuals come from very powerful or wealthy families. If I had a child that could benefit from these tags, much like you do, I would be appalled to see what is going on. If nobody deserves a tag more than the next, why are certain individuals exempt from that statement? If anyone thinks that money is not exchanged in getting these high value tags (sheep, strip, antelope, bison, etc.) in the "right" hands they need to look a little deeper. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I agree with most of what you said except for the part that is bold as it is again a contradiction. I do like the idea of donated tags being able to allocated to people with certain, life altering disabilities but those tags should NOT be able to be allocated to whoever the certain group decides. What I do not like is how the tag donation system is being taken advantage of, much like crossbow permits. There are a few "disabled" kids (I know I'll get some backlash here) that have been donated upwards of 10 primo tags in a couple year period. With your statement above, how do these select few individuals receive enough tags in a couple years to achieve their AZ Big 10 at what, 16 years old? It also raises an eyebrow that these individuals come from very powerful or wealthy families. If I had a child that could benefit from these tags, much like you do, I would be appalled to see what is going on. If nobody deserves a tag more than the next, why are certain individuals exempt from that statement? If anyone thinks that money is not exchanged in getting these high value tags (sheep, strip, antelope, bison, etc.) in the "right" hands they need to look a little deeper. 

I cannot think of a way to arrive at defining who deserves and who doesn’t that doesn’t appear self serving. I am grateful that my boy has had the chance to hunt while he can. Because in all likelihood his days of hiking, hunting and packing are numbered. But drawing those lines is dicey and creates opportunity for exactly what you have described.

From what I have seen of the system, there are a couple orgs that do it right. I do to ow about the rest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

Who would bitch about drawing 3 antelope tags in a row? I promise I’ll stop bitching after I draw just ONE. 

Didnt you draw last year and turn the tag in? 

Quit Bitching! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow! 1

8 hours ago, Hunter1981 said:

Give me an example of something you have boughten with my tax money smart a$$.

boughten

hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think New Mexico and Idaho are the only ones that did not succumb to the points Ponzi scheme.

1 hour ago, SwarovskiCoues said:

toDaY iS thE dAy bOyS

They have updated my bonus points 3 days in a row now, but it still doesn't show my elk app that was put in on the last day, but shows my pronghorn app that was put in a week before.  So I would say Friday at the earliest.  But then I would think the  Friday after because I bet they do another card update deadline.