bonecollector

Tick Tock

18 minutes ago, couesdeerhntr said:

So I have been getting on the azgfd website everyday to see if I have had a status change on my portal saying I have not applied for the draw which I have and have noticed that my bonus points have been showing updated everyday so I kept looking at them. noticed I have a bison point that has been showing up and then going away for a few days now. Three days ago I had the point, and yesterday I did not and now today I do again. I drew the bison tag and harvested and should not have a point so that is why it caught my eye. Seems like they have some issues. Plus with all the cards that have Been declined sense the last update and can now not be changed if they don’t have a new update deadline I only see serious problems at hand from this draw.

0AB0EB6F-90BD-4EAC-80A7-8C0844821859.png

Careful, some on this site don't agree with using the word "harvested". 

• Haha 1

Well, that's good. I'm referring to a thread in the camp fire thread titled "AZ is sad". The post dissolved into people posting how they don't agree with people saying they "harvested" an animal. Or they don't understand how people say "thank you" to an animal they just killed. Anyhoo, I wouldn't bother going and looking, not worth your time.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, huntlines said:

See my post above....

Oh ok I was trying to figure out what you were talking about and must not of read that one. If a post starts going the wrong way I will go the other way. This place use to be a discussion board about hunt strategies and hunt stories and success but seems to sometimes take a different turn these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, couesdeerhntr said:

I don’t even know what this means?

Don't worry about it. "Huntlines" trying to hijack a thread.

As for the point issue, I wouldn't even look at the portal until they sort out the draw. Last year my portal info was either missing or wrong during the draw. It may have been applied at one stage only to be removed later..

From the GnF site: There is no need to contact the department if a customer cannot view data (such as submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their personal portal account at this time. 

5 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Don't worry about it. "Huntlines" trying to hijack a thread.

As for the point issue, I wouldn't even look at the portal until they sort out the draw. Last year my portal info was either missing or wrong during the draw. It may have been applied at one stage only to be removed later..

From the GnF site: There is no need to contact the department if a customer cannot view data (such as submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their personal portal account at this time. 

OK, so I hijacked a threat? So I got on a threat about AZ game and fish's dismal portal/draw issues and turned it into a debate regarding using the word "harvest" and "thank you" after a kill? Nope, I simply pointed out those like yourself who did. 

Nice try though......

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

Maybe your bison point is a loyalty point or hunters ed permanent point?

No I have hunter Ed point as well which gives me 2 and no loyalty point as I have never had one

4 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

So what I gather, your only concern is putting primo tags in your children's hands? You stand on your soapbox preaching about the flaws in the system when you 100% take advantage of the all the flaws and loopholes in the system. Do you not see the irony here? I for one would be an advocate of eliminating bonus points because they do not provide any substantial advantage at this point. Would you like to eliminate bonus points for the same reason, or simply for the fact that statistically the odds of putting more primo tags in your kid's hands would increase if bonus points went away?

Watching old men die before they get a tag they've been trying to draw their whole life while a 10 year old draws the same tag and has no appreciation or understanding of it's value makes me lose sleep at night. If it does not do the same for any self labeled conservationist, you oughta reconsider where you draw the line.

You can question my motives or morality all you want, I’ll sleep fine. There are many choices others make that I would not, no big deal, they have that right. You’ve been around here long enough to know that we apply for and hunt a lot of non “primo” tags. So to say that’s my only concern is comical. I do want my children to experience hunting as much as possible. I will do my part to make sure they get the opportunities afforded to them by the laws and rules that are in place.

I would support deleting bonus points to simplify the system and reduce the games that are played to gain an advantage. It’s interesting to see how many people are opposed to rules governing trail cameras because of “government” interference and then how many support further regulation of the permitting process. 

I also think it is bad for the future of hunting to create barriers to entry. Someone who just learned about hunting late in life should have the same opportunities afforded to the rest of us. Eventually, hunters will have to hand together or we will slowly lose these opportunities. If new hunters don’t see opportunities out there, they won’t care what happens when an apex predator needs to be deregulated or land needs to be conserved. Just my opinion.

I won’t venture a guess as to what the motives were when AZGFD allowed parents/grandparents to sign over tags, I wasn’t there when that happened. But it seems unlikely that they couldn’t have seen the possibility of a non hunting grandparent to apply. Regardless, I dont have to guess, they wrote the rule and we comply with it.

After all this I will sign off. This argument is going nowhere. But I must say it’s a bit odd that you would be so concerned about something that has so little impact on the overall draw process. It seems the much larger issue are the number of point mule applicants being added to the system for averaging party apps. This is much more prevalent and impacts many times more potential applicants than grandmas giving a tag to a kid.

• Like 2

Anyone's portal say "Looks like you didn't put in for this year's draw" on the one page, and "Drawn" with nothing else available on the other?  

5 minutes ago, Hucker said:

Anyone's portal say "Looks like you didn't put in for this year's draw" on the one page, and "Drawn" with nothing else available on the other?  

Nice! G&F web site probably crashed due to everyone logging in to check! 🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I also think it is bad for the future of hunting to create barriers to entry. Someone who just learned about hunting late in life should have the same opportunities afforded to the rest of us. Eventually, hunters will have to hand together or we will slowly lose these opportunities. If new hunters don’t see opportunities out there, they won’t care what happens when an apex predator needs to be deregulated or land needs to be conserved. Just my opinion.

I agree with this sentiment. Since I started hunting in AZ at 37 y.o. (after being in the military since I was 21), I just figured Bison, Sheep and Pronghorn were a waste of my time since I wouldn't get drawn for any until I am 70+.

I have thought I might start putting in anyway, my daughter is 6 now, so maybe I can gift her a tag on her 40th bday!