bonecollector

Tick Tock

2 hours ago, couesdeerhntr said:

Oh ok I was trying to figure out what you were talking about and must not of read that one. If a post starts going the wrong way I will go the other way. This place use to be a discussion board about hunt strategies and hunt stories and success but seems to sometimes take a different turn these days.

Couesdeerhntr,

I agree with your thoughts. It's crazy how degraded the content has gotten and how much disrespect for people's opinions ones feel at liberty to express. I by no means am implying that there are not good, salt of the earth folks on here, but what happened to being interested enough in someone's expressions that we asked adult, respectful questions when we disagree or don't understand. 

I tell my son that this forum is like hunting camp with the guys. We love each other but also rag the heck out of each other every chance we get. Nothing personal, even though it appears to be. That reasoning, wildly imagined, is why I keep coming back and sharing our memories moments in the field. Good luck in the draw!!!

Mark

• Like 4

I've followed this forum every year to check in on the draw but man this thread has gone sideways!  Not sure what protocol is but maybe there should there be a separate thread about the actual draw updates vs ethics, bonus points, and whatnot? 

My personal gripe is that azgfd isn't using any of their social media platforms to give updates on WTH is going on and instead leaving dedicated hunters to guess what is going on and therefore devolve into hating on each other.  Just sayin...

Sincerely hope you all draw tags. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

And in my opinion that’s not enough of an advantage. You’re talking MAYBE a 1% greater chance for the person who has been putting in 5 times as long. Either weight the points heavier or get rid of them all together. But I do like Nates idea of pooling the points. 

You must not have been putting in for hunts in AZ before there was the bonus point system.  You know why AZ has a bonus point system? It's because people were crying about not being able to get a tag so they created bonus points, guess what people still crying and then when they finally draw their dream tag the point guard it and then start crying because now they can't draw in their new favorite unit.  My cousin lives in Idaho in one of the best mule deer units in the state, guess what 20 plus years now and still hasn't drawn his back yard and has no light at the end of the tunnel except maybe this year will be his random year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 654321 said:

You must not have been putting in for hunts in AZ before there was the bonus point system.  You know why AZ has a bonus point system? It's because people were crying about not being able to get a tag so they created bonus points, guess what people still crying and then when they finally draw their dream tag the point guard it and then start crying because now they can't draw in their new favorite unit.  My cousin lives in Idaho in one of the best mule deer units in the state, guess what 20 plus years now and still hasn't drawn his back yard and has no light at the end of the tunnel except maybe this year will be his random year.

I didn’t apply in AZ before bonus points, that was before my time. I’m ok with bonus points going away. Either get rid of them or give them more value. I’ve only ever drawn one tag because I was in the max pool. That was my antelope tag two years ago in unit 10. Terrible year for antler growth so I decided to turn my tag back in, that’s why i paid for the insurance, to do whatever i wanted with the tag. Now the unit I’m applying for is again out of reach. My complaint is that people with far less bonus points have pretty much the same chance as the person with 5 to 6 times the amount of points. If there were no bonus points and everybody got one random number when they applied for the lottery there would be nothing to complain about.

19 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Don’t forget how they turn them back because there wasn’t enough moisture which results in bad horn growth

16 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Don’t forget how they turn them back because there wasn’t enough moisture which results in bad horn growth

Yep, that’s what I did. I paid the insurance I’ll use it as I see fit. 

Who thinks Fatlander will post again? I was surprised that he was getting roasted and the thread didn’t get locked.  He is like a god on here.   

Someone please start talking about the trail cam ban. I miss SirRoyals craziness.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All this and nobody asked if g&f got hacked and all our info is out there.. lots of vague answers.  I feel like someone getting sniffed by Joe. 

• Like 2

When my dad was alive he would drive our apps to flagstaff and turn them in by hand. He took them to the post office one year when i was young and he got them returned to sender. He swore the post office guy was a tree hugger and screwed him on purpose. Those were the good old days.  Anybody know how many bonus points it took to draw bull tags after they initiated the bonus point system years ago? Probably a handfull at most. 

• Like 1

Remember the pink slip in the mail!  Hated seeing  that chit. Then you could call a number.(hit redial for like 72 hours straight)Then you could pay 5 dollars for faster results by phone!   Does anyone miss those days?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Explorer said:

When my dad was alive he would drive our apps to flagstaff and turn them in by hand. He took them to the post office one year when i was young and he got them returned to sender. He swore the post office guy was a tree hugger and screwed him on purpose. Those were the good old days.  Anybody know how many bonus points it took to draw bull tags after they initiated the bonus point system years ago? Probably a handfull at most. 

I would drive to the Mesa office and skip school. I was always paranoid to drop them into the drum. I was afraid I was gonna screw it up for everyone I was delivering for some how. It was definitely more exciting doing that and the phone call. 

• Like 2