bonecollector

Tick Tock

I'm not sure on the legality either but you'd think someone would need to give you a date they are going to charge you so you can make sure the funds are in line. There are probably a lot of people who's cards expired at the end of the month and they didn't update them because they thought the charges would come 

1 hour ago, Jt1911man said:

Why would they HAVE to run it first thing in the morning?  Why couldn't this happen at any time during their normal business hours?

Not their typical MO. If I remember correctly the last five or six years it's been first thing in the morning, any later hits were due to rejected cards.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I'm not sure on the legality either but you'd think someone would need to give you a date they are going to charge you so you can make sure the funds are in line. There are probably a lot of people who's cards expired at the end of the month and they didn't update them because they thought the charges would come 

I would think those whith expired cards would know they are expired and would go in and update their cards in the portal. Unless they have locked the portals somehow you can go in at any time and update your info.

I don't know about those that applied without the portal though. I use the portal so I know nothing about the other method and if you can still update your card.

Personally I hope they ALL  expire so I can get drawn. Yes, I am selfish like that. I don't really like any of you so I really don't care what happens to your apps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

They should charge you the full amount of the tags when you apply and give you the option of getting a refund if not drawn or leave the money in an account to use for the next draw. No more credit card issues and would help limit the people that put in every non-hunter they know so they can pass a strip tag to their 10 year old or use everyone’s bonus points to help their odds of drawing a tag.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

I would think those whith expired cards would know they are expired and would go in and update their cards in the portal. Unless they have locked the portals somehow you can go in at any time and update your info.

I don't know about those that applied without the portal though. I use the portal so I know nothing about the other method and if you can still update your card.

Personally I hope they ALL  expire so I can get drawn. Yes, I am selfish like that. I don't really like any of you so I really don't care what happens to your apps.

They were locked last Thursday at midnight. 

5 minutes ago, greg.shrum said:

They should charge you the full amount of the tags when you apply and give you the option of getting a refund if not drawn or leave the money in an account to use for the next draw. No more credit card issues and would help limit the people that put in every non-hunter they know so they can pass a strip tag to their 10 year old or use everyone’s bonus points to help their odds of drawing a tag.

Not a bad idea. 

39 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

They were locked last Thursday at midnight. 

Well never mind then. I can see why people would be frustrated with that.

I wouldn't have used a card that expired that soon but I can see where some might not have the option.

Still, just because they have been somewhat efficient for the past two draws does not mean they are committed to being so moving forward. I would rather them ensure it is CORRECT rather than fast. If they can do BOTH, well then that's just a cherry.

Sadly people are relying on a precedent and not a commitment for the time frame.

3 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Well never mind then. I can see why people would be frustrated with that.

I wouldn't have used a card that expired that soon but I can see where some might not have the option.

Still, just because they have been somewhat efficient for the past two draws does not mean they are committed to being so moving forward. I would rather them ensure it is CORRECT rather than fast. If they can do BOTH, well then that's just a cherry.

Sadly people are relying on a precedent and not a commitment for the time frame.

It’s not only expiration but how about getting hit with fraud? That is totally out of your hands but everyday they wait to charge the chances of that happening goes up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, greg.shrum said:

Yes most definitely.   But If I remember right...  there is a legal issue in the state to charge a card without rendering services.   Or something like that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, buffhunter said:

Yes most definitely.   But If I remember right...  there is a legal issue in the state to charge a card without rendering services.   Or something like that

I've heard this line of thinking in the past reference a requirement to provide a service in order to charge a credit card. I don't believe this can be a factor because the service provided is a chance at getting a tag. The same thing as buying a lottery ticket, it's just a chance to get a tag. I am probably wrong.........

You need to change the Arizona banking laws if you want to charge up front.  Each state has different banking laws and that is why some states can get away with it.   This is not an G&F issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I've heard this line of thinking in the past reference a requirement to provide a service in order to charge a credit card. I don't believe this can be a factor because the service provided is a chance at getting a tag. The same thing as buying a lottery ticket, it's just a chance to get a tag. I am probably wrong.........

I believe you have to use a debit card to buy a lottery ticket in AZ, can’t use a credit card. I could be wrong though, I was once, back in ‘88. 

• Like 1