bonecollector

Tick Tock

Nice hogs and sheds Mark.I have taken a few Ferrell hogs in Az and I field gutted them.I see most rinse them ,then gut when at camp .Is this to keep free from crap getting in the meat.Sorry to go off Draw topic.

4 minutes ago, furandfeathers said:

Nice hogs and sheds Mark.I have taken a few Ferrell hogs in Az and I field gutted them.I see most rinse them ,then gut when at camp .Is this to keep free from crap getting in the meat.Sorry to go off Draw topic.

Howdy,

I honestly don't know. On this ranch with a good trail system to get utvs close to the animals and a great cleaning/ processing set up it makes sense to get out of the field quick and hanging. I will say the process they use was new to me but now I really like it and it is very clean and meat seems to have less chance of contamination unless of course we make a lousy shot. 

Good luck in the draw sir!

so, when they took in 130million last year when their expenses are 40mill (i know there are more things they have to pay for than what is in the 40 mill) why do they need our tax returns? 

Well it's starting to look like they decided not to take my advice when I wrote them about the trail camera ban encouraging them to not cause themselves any unneeded animosity towards the Game and Fish Department. This has gone on way too long without any sort of explanation other than we had more people apply this year. I feel as though they owe us some sort of explanation. 

13 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

so, when they took in 130million last year when their expenses are 40mill (i know there are more things they have to pay for than what is in the 40 mill) why do they need our tax returns? 

So the can hire more forest service rejects and create opportunity to create more revenue

• Like 1

i want to know who in their right mind would donate when they already have that much unspent money each year. It is crazy that the majority of habitat improvement comes from donations of the different wildlife foundations when there is so much revenue that comes in each year and not spent. how many tanks could you build and fill a year for just a couple million? How many acres of PJ thickets could you clear? how much more accurate would wildlife surveys be? If I'm going to be scratching their back, i need something in return. I'm not saying i need tags every year if i donate either, i'd just like to see more of that revenue actually go towards habitat improvement and conservation. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

This has gone on way too long without any sort of explanation other than we had more people apply this year. I feel as though they owe us some sort of explanation. 

I couldn’t agree more. The lack of official communication on a blunder of this scale is frustrating. I am just hoping they can get it sorted out soon so we can all move on with planning time off towards the end of the year.

• Like 2

If I remember they had wanted 15 for app fee. But told us 13. 10 for processing and 3 for habitat/ conservation.

So expect an app fee raise next yr.!

• Like 1

To each their own. I believe it is important to support the things that are important to you in all aspects of life.  For me, wildlife is important and so I belong to multiple organizations and I also make donations to G&F and many of the water hauling programs in place.  Just because I don't see first hand where my money is going doesn't mean it's not going to where I intended it to go.  I do think all these organizations along with G&F could do a better job of detailing where the money is being spent.  In the mean time, I will continue to support AZ's wildlife.

• Like 3

Today is the last day to put in for New Mexico. I did it a few days ago because I knew this mess in Az wouldn’t be figured out. I have a feeling this will be our “new normal”, Covid or no Covid...

26 minutes ago, knothead said:

To each their own. I believe it is important to support the things that are important to you in all aspects of life.  For me, wildlife is important and so I belong to multiple organizations and I also make donations to G&F and many of the water hauling programs in place.  Just because I don't see first hand where my money is going doesn't mean it's not going to where I intended it to go.  I do think all these organizations along with G&F could do a better job of detailing where the money is being spent.  In the mean time, I will continue to support AZ's wildlife.

"Better job"?  Specifically regarding the G&F, how do you know where any of your donated dollars are spent or who made those decisions?  So you just trust that the money you donate goes where you intended it to go?... ok...

While I personally have a lot of "faith", I have very little in how this state agency is now run including decisions on what programs any dollars are spent.  We should be able to dictate where we want donation dollars (at a minimum) spent, but that's not an option, much less even the ability to give feedback on which programs we "prefer" our donations $s go.

IMO, this is a state agency that appears to have very little accountability, or even the desire to appear to have any (publicly).  Therefore we'll just have to "agree to disagree" on the blind faith we have in how our G&F Department spends $s.

Without knowing which other organizations you said you support it's not possible to accurately comment on, although like you (& many others) I too support wildlife through water hauling & general habitat improvements.

• Like 1

Most of the wildlife foundations are great, and i am a member of a few of them but what i am saying is with the amount of money that G&F takes in vs what they spend, the wildlife foundations should not be responsible for donating so much time and money to habitat improvement. When there is that much money unaccounted for each year but the forests are a mess, campgrounds look like dumpsters, lakes are not getting stocked, nothing is getting patrolled, violations are not getting written, game populations are going down, tanks are dry, etc. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Most of the wildlife foundations are great, and i am a member of a few of them but what i am saying is with the amount of money that G&F takes in vs what they spend, the wildlife foundations should not be responsible for donating so much time and money to habitat improvement. When there is that much money unaccounted for each year but the forests are a mess, campgrounds look like dumpsters, lakes are not getting stocked, nothing is getting patrolled, violations are not getting written, game populations are going down, tanks are dry, etc. 

I would like to see how much money is spent on the Landowner relations program. I bet its way more than we think.

• Like 2