bonecollector

Tick Tock

10 minutes ago, phillyphan said:

Curious to see if anyone gets card hits today.  I doubt it, but it would be interesting.

Well, I'm sure everyone has already checked this morning, but we had a charge show up at about 11pm last night.  Typically our card company posts charges immediately after being "hit", so not sure why that happened, but at the same time feel "blessed!"

• Like 4

On 3/17/2021 at 11:21 AM, thegunsmith2506 said:

I would like to see how much money is spent on the Landowner relations program. I bet its way more than we think.

My former step daughter was hired on as a G&F private lands liason.  I really liked the Ford Raptor AZGFD gave her to drive but I bet she could have done the same job in an Explorer or Escape.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Heard a rumor that they were going to call people for declined cards this draw. Dont know for sure but if they do then its going to be a while.

Now this I would think, would open them up to some legal issues. That would be going against their draw process. It clearly states that declined cards are just that, declined. While I agree, they screwed the pooch not running cards immediately after the last update, calling declined cards would be a violation of their own rule. 

32 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Heard a rumor that they were going to call people for declined cards this draw. Dont know for sure but if they do then its going to be a while.

Now this I would think, would open them up to some legal issues. That would be going against their draw process. It clearly states that declined cards are just that, declined. While I agree, they screwed the pooch not running cards immediately after the last update, calling declined cards would be a violation of their own rule. 

1 minute ago, codyhuntsaz said:

When you make the rules you get to change the rules. I don't think the credit car deal is a law just a rule of how they do it. So I believe they can do as they please. And this draw I think calling people would be the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Plus who would be a plaintiff, just someone who didn’t draw, whose card WAS still active at the deadline and the damages would be that they should have been next in line to be awarded a tag IF the department hadn’t called people directly whose cards were rejected? hahaha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillyphan said:

Curious to see if anyone gets card hits today.  I doubt it, but it would be interesting.

Just got a text from my buddy.  His neighbor got hit this morning.  So that post yesterday that they did not finish before quitting time and were going to continue this morning must have been correct.

Still a blank for me though.

Rex

Had a friend get hit last night at 11pm for 10 early archery bull with 2 points. Another friend got hit this morning for unit 9 early archery bull with 2points. Nothing for us. 

2 hours ago, Sneaker said:

Plus who would be a plaintiff, just someone who didn’t draw, whose card WAS still active at the deadline and the damages would be that they should have been next in line to be awarded a tag IF the department hadn’t called people directly whose cards were rejected? hahaha

Not sure just throwing it out there. It’s a clear violation of their own policy. As far as I know there’s no way of knowing who would be next in line, probably by design. But this would not be fair the the person that should have received the tag. I would argue that in the future maybe game and fish should notify the next 10 people in line for every hunt that they may be given the opportunity to receive a tag should tags get point guarded. That would give people the time to think about it, request the time off to “reserve” it, scout, etc....

7 hours ago, Beaton said:

Had a friend get hit last night at 11pm for 10 early archery bull with 2 points. Another friend got hit this morning for unit 9 early archery bull with 2points. Nothing for us. 

Here's an unrelated question but I am new here and want to use the right terminology when posting.  So both of these fellas above drew with "2 points."  If, as I did for this elk draw, I have zero species points, 1 loyalty point, and 1 hunter ed point, would I be said to have "2 points", or "no points."  I would understand it if the hunter ed and loyalty points are kind of assumed within a group of folks as dedicated as y'all, and you just count species points.  Otherwise you'd always have at least 2 points.  Is there a standard for how we state the number of points we have?  I could see "total points" making more sense for comparing apples to apples on draw results, too, since a point is a point.

Cheers, and congrats to those who drew!

Rex

I have drawn successfully 7 out of 8 last draws for elk.  I never get species point, because I keep scoring a tag with two points.  In full disclosure, though, I'll point to the fact that the tags for which I am applying would have been "leftover tags" 10 years ago.  The opportunity to hunt is more important to me than focusing on the opportunity to get a lifetime trophy bull.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TRexF16 said:

Here's an unrelated question but I am new here and want to use the right terminology when posting.  So both of these fellas above drew with "2 points."  If, as I did for this elk draw, I have zero species points, 1 loyalty point, and 1 hunter ed point, would I be said to have "2 points", or "no points."  I would understand it if the hunter ed and loyalty points are kind of assumed within a group of folks as dedicated as y'all, and you just count species points.  Otherwise you'd always have at least 2 points.  Is there a standard for how we state the number of points we have?  I could see "total points" making more sense for comparing apples to apples on draw results, too, since a point is a point.

Rex

The least I have is 2 points every year....hunter ed and loyalty....just like most people here.  I can't speak for everyone, but, I think when points are mentioned by people here it is "total points".  I never break mine down when discussing points, it's all points added together.  So yes, you have two points.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TRexF16 said:

Rex

You had “2 points” 

My portal is actually updated now.  Officially not drawn

My wife's portal said she got drawn for antelope.  She didn't put in for antelope. Still some work to be done.