12 hours ago, rcdinaz said:

I hate this time of year!  😤

Not me I love it, shows the true personalities of impatient people LOL, all these wheres my tag post rack up to more than someone poaching a deer under the powerlines ;)

• Like 5

Not sure what all that means?

I hate knowing I wont make the odds to get a tag... that was all. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rcdinaz said:

Not sure what all that means?

I hate knowing I wont make the odds to get a tag... that was all. 

I understood that, Im just the opposite for the reason I said above.

Its my 2nd Favorite time of the year when tags are put in for and drawn.

My favorite time is from the draw to the hunt starts with all the escouters.

• Like 1

Anybody remember when you applied by paper then had to wait for your white postcard or pink postcard to come in the mail to let you know if you were drawn or not? There was no intraweb forums to complain on about the wait for the mailman or if you got drawn or not.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, DUG said:

Anybody remember when you applied by paper then had to wait for your white postcard or pink postcard to come in the mail to let you know if you were drawn or not? There was no intraweb forums to complain on about the wait for the mailman or if you got drawn or not.

I was never old enough for that. But when I used to put in with paper all I did was either wait for a tag in the mail or that refund check

3 minutes ago, DUG said:

Yep... aaah, the good old days!  Remember the old metal tags?  Now we're just dating ourselves....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DUG said:

I’m old enough I remember when you just went down to the sporting goods store and buy a tag for whatever was in season. It was a paper tag with a metal band with a tag number stamped into it that you attached to the horn or gamble. No migraine headaches waiting to see if you got drawn, ohhh the good old days.

20 minutes ago, DUG said:

Yeah , the actual draw was done at the prison, I do believe.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DUG said:

Yes I’m old enough. 🙁

1 hour ago, DUG said:

I was thinking about the dredded pink card the other day. For some reason I thought it was a blue card if you got drawn.

I remember the year I got drawn for antelope in 1985. My 1st time applying. I got a white card and a pink card. Fortunately the pink card was for a guy 2 streets over with same 420 address number. He was bummed when I went over there with his pink card. I didn't have the heart to tell him I got drawn.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 360 0r Better said:

I’m old enough I remember when you just went down to the sporting goods store and buy a tag for whatever was in season. It was a paper tag with a metal band with a tag number stamped into it that you attached to the horn or gamble. No migraine headaches waiting to see if you got drawn, ohhh the good old days.

0305211643a.thumb.jpg.a9bc4c62c02ebe388bab47c263592bb1.jpg0305211643.thumb.jpg.491fbbbc77550c26eceeaec9a9d38e10.jpgSays 1957 Deer A G&F

Wasn't a lot of letters needed on the tag I guess, AK and HI weren't even states yet.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

14 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

^^   you ever dust off  those nice looking shelves, lol

I need to get that shop back in order. Meanwhile there's something living in there, SHITTS bigger than me whatever it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1