5 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

MLK assassination?

Unfortunately

Maybe the .06 was used?

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

You know you're hosed when you hear "past performance is not indicative of future results" and they start quoting the tags will be mailed out by 4-2-2021.  

simple interpretation:  WE SCREWED UP.

And now we gona screw with you, cause we can.  

13 hours ago, Nuker said:

Yep, and earlier too.

Here is my great-grandfather's Winchester 1894 that I have now. Serial number says build was circa 1907.

My family said he got a decent number of deer all around the Sulphur Springs Valley in the first half of the 20th century. They hunted up to Willcox, over to Bisbee, down to Douglas and all around there. Dos Cabezas and Mule mountains I think are the two ranges on either side.

It's old enough that it is marked 30 W.C.F. instead of the newer, more common 30-30 marking.

IMG_2360.thumb.JPG.c3cc34ab289d05ab398ed73b2cb51ed9.JPG

Super cool, Nuker!!  Love the story behind it all!!

Also,  I have that rifle!!!  (Though mine is slightly newer, in that the serial number tracks it to 1911...)

Story behind mine is that my father was an engineer/geologist at the Ray copper mine (Kearny) for many, many years.  In the early 60s (before I was born), they found more copper ore than originally thought at the Ray mine, so they decided to go wide-open with the pit.  In order to do so they had to displace the town of Sonora, and hence the town of Kearny was born.  While they were moving/demolishing some old warehouses, they came across a case of new/never-used 30-30's.  In tracking back the records, they were able to trace the purchase back 1916, when the mine bought the rifles to guard against any possible attack from Pancho Villa.  Well, of course the attack never came and the rifles remained in their case in the warehouse.   When my dad and some of the other supervisors found the rifles, the controller/accountant didn't really know what to do with them, so they had a raffle and sold them to the employees for $25 just to get them off the books.  

Dad is long gone now, and the rifle remains as one of my prized possessions. 

image.thumb.png.7319e847082ac660ece2de590f2a3895.png
Was cool to see another just like it posted here!

3030 2.jfif

• Like 7

On 3/6/2021 at 7:11 AM, Edge said:

gettyimages-53366586.thumb.jpg.5f9c55c845d606c9a27f289f7475530c.jpg

On 3/6/2021 at 7:14 AM, 360 0r Better said:

Hes way to young to know what that picture is unless he is a history buff 

I was going to guess MLK but yes before my time. Thnks for the side topic as we are all waiting patiently... not being a smart a$$, a genuine thank you.