Sign in to follow this  
creed

Rejected card bonus point question

Heat is correct.  Same thing happened to me last year as to him.  I purposely changed my card to a number that would be rejected.  As long as you submitted a valid app and your credit card is rejected, you keep all your points and get a point for this year's app.  It's the same as if you had just applied for a bonus point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, creed said:

So I never did get my wife’s credit card updated. Do you still lose your loyalty point? 

It's not how it worked for the javelina tag. Got my bonus because I paid the $13 but my dumb butt didn't realize that the card expired the day before the draw, so it just said "no hunt" on the portal! At least with Javelina you get a chance at OTC left overs, and now I have 2 points for javelina ;)

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

It's a inconvenience but I go to the G&F office each year and renew it there. It has always shown up right away in my portal

I buy mine online every year with the same result. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, creed said:

About 9:30

The draw has supposedly been completed as of 9:30 this morning but no card hits yet.  It was my understanding that the automated draw process triggered the card hit.

3 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

The draw has supposedly been completed as of 9:30 this morning but no card hits yet.  It was my understanding that the automated draw process triggered the card hit.

I have no idea. That’s just what she said

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

Put it out there.

If you want the AZGFD commissioners email addresses just get on the AZGFD website and go to the commission section and click on their name. A bio will pop up and at the end just click on the contact me part.

Had a CC issue and didn't realize until Friday after G&F closed.  Called Monday morning and was told that there was nothing that could be do since "the server" that manages CC updates has been turned off and no one has access to it at G&F.  Silver lining I'll get a bonus point as pointed out by the lady that I talked to on the phone.  No worries, my fault and figured since there were issues with the portal maybe I could still update. 

So I figure what the heck and contact Citibank and talk to them about my issue.  They stated that "IF" G&F were to hit the CC that I had used and needed to be replaced they would send a text and or email to verify that I am ok with them charging the hit to the new card.  If I don't get drawn was it because I was unlucky or the CC hit was denied and Citibank was wrong with their info.  Guess only time will tell.

Second silver lining.....My son, stationed in Alaska, was drawn for a fall (Oct-Nov) Kodiak Brown Bear tag in unit DB-216 so I'll be heading up there to help him with that.  I should be an experience of a lifetime!  Looking into guides its not cheap ($15-$25K) so we are doing a DIY hunt with some friends of his.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IAMMAC said:

Had a CC issue and didn't realize until Friday after G&F closed.  Called Monday morning and was told that there was nothing that could be do since "the server" that manages CC updates has been turned off and no one has access to it at G&F.  Silver lining I'll get a bonus point as pointed out by the lady that I talked to on the phone.  No worries, my fault and figured since there were issues with the portal maybe I could still update. 

So I figure what the heck and contact Citibank and talk to them about my issue.  They stated that "IF" G&F were to hit the CC that I had used and needed to be replaced they would send a text and or email to verify that I am ok with them charging the hit to the new card.  If I don't get drawn was it because I was unlucky or the CC hit was denied and Citibank was wrong with their info.  Guess only time will tell.

Second silver lining.....My son, stationed in Alaska, was drawn for a fall (Oct-Nov) Kodiak Brown Bear tag in unit DB-216 so I'll be heading up there to help him with that.  I should be an experience of a lifetime!  Looking into guides its not cheap ($15-$25K) so we are doing a DIY hunt with some friends of his.

This is my favorite post on this thread.  My only regret is that I only have one "thumbs up" to give.  PLEASE post the story of your son's bear hunt.  Sounds like the hunt of a life time.  I'm happy for all your silver linings.

• Like 2