andrewmilich

Game and Fish working hard ....????

Just got the following notice for G&F. Seems like it’s time to hire or find another system. 

PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is asking hunters for a bit more patience as staff continues to process a record number of draw applications for 2021 elk and pronghorn hunt permit-tags, as well as validate bonus points.

In recent years, AZGFD would have been expected to make draw results available by this time. This year, hunters submitted more than 170,000 draw applications, shattering last year’s record of more than 153,000. Another record: More than 214,000 applicants either applied for hunts or bonus points, compared to 194,000-plus in 2020. 

As a result of the increased workload, hunters should know that AZGFD remains committed to ensuring the accuracy of draw results and providing quality customer service. The department will announce on its website and social media channels when draw results become available. All hunt permit-tags will be mailed by April 2. 

In the meantime, some customers may not be able to view personal data (such as bonus points, submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their AZGFD portal account at this time. AZGFD expects to resolve this inconvenience once the draw process has been completed and hunt permit-tags are issued. As a reminder, a customer’s receipt is verification that their application was received by the department.

AZGFD is aware that hunters are anxious to find out if an elk or pronghorn hunt permit-tag will have their name on it. To that point, there is no need to contact the department about draw results. Once again, AZGFD appreciates the patience and support of its valued customers.
  • Haha 2

My card was compromised and I was issued a new card today...now what ? It’s not like this is the first year of the AZ elk draw or this is the first year of high speed internet. I bet the guy who called me yesterday from India to tell me I won 2.5 million dollars and a new Mercedes Benz and the the only thing I had to do is send him a $500 process fee, work in the same office as AZG&F.

This is the problem of not charging cards in a timely manner. Every day longer is a better chance of something happening to cards.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

This is the problem of not charging cards in a timely manner. Every day longer is a better chance of something happening to cards.

Agreed!!! imo they need to either allow another opportunity for cc updates before they charge the cards or institute call backs for declined cards.  Az game and fish dropped the ball and they should make it right.  Problem is they likely won't do anything!!!

• Like 1

They haven’t even charged one card yet.  This is a screw up from this new system they implemented and they are blaming it on the increase in applications.  I could care less when results are announced but just be straight.  We F*+ked up.🤷‍♂️

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, bustedknuckleinc said:

They haven’t even charged one card yet.  This is a screw up from this new system they implemented and they are blaming it on the increase in applications.  I could care less when results are announced but just be straight.  We F*+ked up.🤷‍♂️

20,000 extra applicants shouldn’t slow it down at all. Much less 10+ days

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ben47 said:

A SQL database wouldn’t so much as sneeze at the difference between 170 thousand apps and 170 million apps

💯

The fact someone has to manually input anything is a failure. It is 2021 ffs.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

💯

The fact someone has to manually input anything is a failure. It is 2021 ffs.

Heres what I want to know.  How can I order something from  Amazon and get it the same day.  But G&F can’t get something processed in two weeks.  
I called the draw office a couple weeks ago and found out there is only 2 ladies  who deal with the whole draw data.    Wow

• Like 1

Odds of getting a tag are going up. Look at the bright side of things!  Protect you cards gents.  

Over the past few years G&F has been upgrading their draw software.  I'm going with their software developers also wrote the election tabulation software.

ID TEN T's

• Like 1