andrewmilich

Game and Fish working hard ....????

3 minutes ago, Adicted said:

all i know is why couldnt the F' up on the javalina draw...hahahhah...not the elk/antelope draw

This. seems like they should have made their test run with the new BS software and portal updates on the spring draw. Anyone wanna wager that the deer draw gets messed up too?

31 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

This. seems like they should have made their test run with the new BS software and portal updates on the spring draw. Anyone wanna wager that the deer draw gets messed up too?

The Elk might not be done by the deer draw!

• Sad 1

im thinking its something serious like they lost a ton of data, i figured they would've done something by now and been tired of everyone calling

The process should be outsourced

The GOVT screws up everything it touches.

• Like 6

I'm thinking the portals all have to be updated and spot on accurate before any draw results are released. It ANY portals show incomplete or inaccurate info (such as "no apps on file" or "no license purchase on record") those folks will stroke out and G&F will have a legitimate PR nightmare on their hands IMO. The draw itself is likely completed per usual, it's the info in the portals that are fuggly.

It sounds like all of that portal info has to be hand entry input at this time. The roll over to the new portal must have flaws for many portal account holders. Mine and family members had important info incorrect that I had to manually update, likely thousands of others did too.

It's a lot of work for the small staff in that department to tackle, all while under the burden of a deadline of mailed tags by April 2nd. 

I can't imagine the Dept not contacting applicants who have card declines, it's only fair to give them the opportunity to provide a working at the time card in light of the delay.

Let's hope they are able to get it all ironed out by then. 

• Like 1

Thanks AZGFD for the "update" that isn't actually any update since the prior email.  Apparently they are still "processing" the draw and want everyone to leave them alone.  That's the real point of the email (and making excuses).  17,000 more applications should not matter in the slightest.  Obviously they are having issues since the portal change and that appears to be the only reason they are still "processing" the draw.  I guess we can only hope they get it right, but at this point who knows...

While a modicum of transparency from G&F would be nice, everyone is acting like the hunts start next month. 

The best I can tell for Pronghorn and Elk is the first hunt is August, right?  You know, like 5 months away.

For me, whether I find out this week or April 1 (and that's no joke), it does not matter in the least from a planning perspective.

On a related note, I'll bet most of the complainers here would take a serious hit on their standard of living if they woke tomorrow morning making what the folks at G&F do.

Eddie

• Like 1

They could put a ton of minds at ease if they posted something like this:  

As a result of a delay in processing credit cards, AZGFD will be reaching out to anyone who has a credit card charge declined to update payment information after the draw is complete.  We appreciate your patience.

• Like 3

not sure why a 10% increase in apps has brought their system to it's knees.... oh wait it's a state run organization nvm I'll just wait. if gas and diesel keeps rising we probably won't be able to afford to go hunt anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

They could put a ton of minds at ease if they posted something like this:  

As a result of a delay in processing credit cards, AZGFD will be reaching out to anyone who has a credit card charge declined to update payment information after the draw is complete.  We appreciate your patience.

I really hope they don't do this, it gives me a better chance of drawing a tag. Yes, I'm selfish......

• Like 1

I can't believe they refuse to say that something went wrong. To blame the extra long dealy on marginally different applicants is a cop out. Are they writing everyones application down on a piece of paper and then reentering them in a spreadsheet or what the heck is going on down there, they are already electronic and in the system haha. They really need to get a better systems admin down there.

• Like 1

Ty Grey needs to be called onto the carpet by Ducey. Tired of the "Pandemic" being everyones excuse for incompetence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, eddielasvegas said:

While a modicum of transparency from G&F would be nice, everyone is acting like the hunts start next month. 

The best I can tell for Pronghorn and Elk is the first hunt is August, right?  You know, like 5 months away.

For me, whether I find out this week or April 1 (and that's no joke), it does not matter in the least from a planning perspective.

On a related note, I'll bet most of the complainers here would take a serious hit on their standard of living if they woke tomorrow morning making what the folks at G&F do.

Eddie

A lot of people put in for other states and if possible would like to know what is going on in AZ before making a decision on another application in another state.  Also, I think many are concerned with WTF is going on within AZGFD, why it is taking way longer than usual (I do not believe the additional 17,000 applications is the reason for the delay), and whether they may lose an opportunity to hunt because of credit card issues or problems with the portal.  And I'm not sure what the salaries of AZGFD employees has to do with anything.  AZGFD has plenty of revenue to have a better system in place.

• Like 1