andrewmilich

Game and Fish working hard ....????

50 minutes ago, plang00 said:

Ty Grey needs to be called onto the carpet by Ducey. Tired of the "Pandemic" being everyones excuse for incompetence.

Fu&%$ng A you nailed it! Tired of that excuse!

• Like 5

Just now, spectrum said:

Not so much with game and fish but a lot of the other organizations and businesses out there. I can wait until April 1st to see if I was drawn.

1 hour ago, twigsnapper said:

They could put a ton of minds at ease if they posted something like this:  

As a result of a delay in processing credit cards, AZGFD will be reaching out to anyone who has a credit card charge declined to update payment information after the draw is complete.  We appreciate your patience.

This ^^^^^

2 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

While a modicum of transparency from G&F would be nice, everyone is acting like the hunts start next month. 

The best I can tell for Pronghorn and Elk is the first hunt is August, right?  You know, like 5 months away.

For me, whether I find out this week or April 1 (and that's no joke), it does not matter in the least from a planning perspective.

On a related note, I'll bet most of the complainers here would take a serious hit on their standard of living if they woke tomorrow morning making what the folks at G&F do.

Eddie

You make a good point Eddie but for me personally I can only afford an Elk hunt or Deer hunt but not both so planning on buying a point or entering a draw is kind of a big deal for me, again personally.

YMMV

HaYen

2 hours ago, twigsnapper said:

They could put a ton of minds at ease if they posted something like this:  

As a result of a delay in processing credit cards, AZGFD will be reaching out to anyone who has a credit card charge declined to update payment information after the draw is complete.  We appreciate your patience.

Twig...stop it you are making too much sense 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Sneaker said:

I can't believe they refuse to say that something went wrong. To blame the extra long dealy on marginally different applicants is a cop out. Are they writing everyones application down on a piece of paper and then reentering them in a spreadsheet or what the heck is going on down there, they are already electronic and in the system haha. They really need to get a better systems admin down there.

Being an application developer for 35+ years yeah I can believe it.  Personal responsibility ensures a scape goat and a bad name in the industry.  Fire the CIO and move on

20 minutes ago, spectrum said:

IT works from home anyway.

14 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

A lot of people put in for other states and if possible would like to know what is going on in AZ before making a decision on another application in another state.  Also, I think many are concerned with WTF is going on within AZGFD, why it is taking way longer than usual (I do not believe the additional 17,000 applications is the reason for the delay), and whether they may lose an opportunity to hunt because of credit card issues or problems with the portal.  And I'm not sure what the salaries of AZGFD employees has to do with anything.  AZGFD has plenty of revenue to have a better system in place.

Yes, I am not excusing the way it's been handled, 

Eddie

3 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

Yes, I am not excusing the way it's been handled, 

Eddie

Sounds like you are...

Where do you come off calling those of us who aren't happy with how this is being done as "complainers"?  FYI, in case you didn't realize, the G&F made over the cost of 50 full time employees at an expense of $55K/year each, on this draw alone!  That's astounding!  That's $2.782M on app fees alone, or over 100,000 paid MHs!  That doesn't include the $10M (perhaps more) made in hunting licenses and tag fees on this draw.

I for one am also calling BS on the excuse of 17,000 "additional" applicants... SO WHAT, that's only a 10% increase in last year's elk/antelope draw.  An electronic system, which we have now, should be able to handle 100x that number with ZERO IMPACTS,  Besides, how does this year's elk/antelope application numbers compare to last year's deer, bighorn, turkey, bison, etc. applications?  More excuses...

As far as your comment, "making what the folks at the G&F do...." remember this.  They're all STILL EMPLOYED!  Not everyone is!!  Not only that, they work for us, and the G&F is a State Agency that is supposed to have accountability for how they run "their operation".  If it weren't for us (through license and tag fees), none of them would be employed, but they act as though we work for them!  I seriously doubt we'll ever hear what was done wrong, or how they're going to improve on the obvious mistakes made this year.  If the G&F was a private company competing with other private companies they'd be out of BUSINESS by now! 

As far as it not making any difference to you in your planning process, I'm happy for you.  Remember however that there are many out here that can not reasonably afford to apply in another state and possibly end up in tags for both (I made the same point over a week ago about the same thing in another thread).  Some of us have to budget our funds appropriately, and the g&f being late by what's going on two weeks now, is to me inexcusable.  It reeks of incompetence, plain and simple.  Note they also said that this may go into next week as well before the draw is held, which would be double the 17 days they had since the draw closed to hit the "DRAW" button (when CCs could no longer be updated, which is another topic all together).

So, we pay them very well, every year, yet they still don't appear to have the draw system figured out?  There is no reason that this system shouldn't be flawless by now.  I for one don't trust them.  Know I used to work for a State Agency and know full well the corruption that was and can be prevalent in State Agencies that the public will never know about.

BTW, it's not all bad, and I personally have and will continue to hunt with past G&F WMs, great friends!  They worked very hard and were committed to their professions, as I am.  What I'm referring to above is how the current draw system needs to be corrected, and perhaps have the supervisors and department heads held accountable for their work.  They also should IMO have a change of attitude towards us in general knowing full well the department should be accountable for the services WE fund, period.  Why not trying to BE HONEST WITH US for a change!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

Sounds like you are...

Preach!  The process is a complete mess and there is no accountability whatsoever.  17,000 more applications shouldn't matter.  Credit card update deadlines should matter.  Really hope they can get it together for the next draw.    

6 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

Sounds like you are...

Where do you come off calling those of us who aren't happy with how this is being done as "complainers"?  FYI, in case you didn't realize, the G&F made over the cost of 50 full time employees at an expense of $55K/year each, on this draw alone!  That's astounding!  That's $2.782M on app fees alone, or over 100,000 paid MHs!  That doesn't include the $10M (perhaps more) made in hunting licenses and tag fees on this draw.

I for one am also calling BS on the excuse of 17,000 "additional" applicants... SO WHAT, that's only a 10% increase in last year's elk/antelope draw.  An electronic system, which we have now, should be able to handle 100x that number with ZERO IMPACTS,  Besides, how does this year's elk/antelope application numbers compare to last year's deer, bighorn, turkey, bison, etc. applications?  More excuses...

As far as your comment, "making what the folks at the G&F do...." remember this.  They're all STILL EMPLOYED!  Not everyone is!!  Not only that, they work for us, and the G&F is a State Agency that is supposed to have accountability for how they run "their operation".  If it weren't for us (through license and tag fees), none of them would be employed, but they act as though we work for them!  I seriously doubt we'll ever hear what was done wrong, or how they're going to improve on the obvious mistakes made this year.  If the G&F was a private company competing with other private companies they'd be out of BUSINESS by now! 

As far as it not making any difference to you in your planning process, I'm happy for you.  Remember however that there are many out here that can not reasonably afford to apply in another state and possibly end up in tags for both (I made the same point over a week ago about the same thing in another thread).  Some of us have to budget our funds appropriately, and the g&f being late by what's going on two weeks now, is to me inexcusable.  It reeks of incompetence, plain and simple.  Note they also said that this may go into next week as well before the draw is held, which would be double the 17 days they had since the draw closed to hit the "DRAW" button (when CCs could no longer be updated, which is another topic all together).

So, we pay them very well, every year, yet they still don't appear to have the draw system figured out?  There is no reason that this system shouldn't be flawless by now.  I for one don't trust them.  Know I used to work for a State Agency and know full well the corruption that was and can be prevalent in State Agencies that the public will never know about.

BTW, it's not all bad, and I personally have and will continue to hunt with past G&F WMs, great friends!  They worked very hard and were committed to their professions, as I am.  What I'm referring to above is how the current draw system needs to be corrected, and perhaps have the supervisors and department heads held accountable for their work.  They also should IMO have a change of attitude towards us in general knowing full well the department should be accountable for the services WE fund, period.  Why not trying to BE HONEST WITH US for a change!

So far you got charged 13bucks, depending how many apps you put in for maybe more. Have a 🍺.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

A lot of people put in for other states and if possible would like to know what is going on in AZ before making a decision on another application in another state.  Also, I think many are concerned with WTF is going on within AZGFD, why it is taking way longer than usual (I do not believe the additional 17,000 applications is the reason for the delay), and whether they may lose an opportunity to hunt because of credit card issues or problems with the portal.  And I'm not sure what the salaries of AZGFD employees has to do with anything.  AZGFD has plenty of revenue to have a better system in place.

I was waiting if my card didn't get hit i will try my luck in New Mexico... now i  dont know if to send or not send to new mexico  .... stuck

• Like 1

Stuck is right.......some of us need to know before making other purchases/obligations........hunting is a priority, but other things lurk in wives minds..........AZGFD should be held accountable for family law attorneys fees if this persists longer! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This issue and how could they not be ready for the Elk and Antelope draw definitely puts AZ G&F at the top of worst G&F Departments in the US. 
Excuse of 10% more apps is ridiculous. 

If we didn’t have Reservations and National Park to protect the elk from AZ G&F there would be a lot less apps. 

• Like 1

I am just glad they tested it out on elk. Maybe it will be ready to roll out trouble free for the real draw in June.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1