BivVy Productions

A bunch of BS!

5 hours ago, Delw said:

If I remember correctly it was during the USO outfitters / and non resident fiasco that changed the whole draw. back in the early 2000's .

There was a bunch of things going on i a short period of time. either a group of non residents sued with the outfitters or alone. but the hole draw go changed. then some years after that the check thing got changed again I believe because of a lawsuit.

Actually, the law is in place and it has nothing to do with AZ G&F.  It is more of a banking law where charges can't be made on a card with no services rendered or something similar.  Otherwise people could be charging lottery tickets on their credit card and then not pay.  This is not the only reason but this is one of the situations that the state was afraid of when they lobbied to have this law put in place.  The fix needs to be made at the state legislature and the law needs to be changed.  The only people I ever hear question this law are hunters so that is why it really doesn't get much traction for change.   G&F just has to comply with the current AZ banking laws.   

To be more fair, G&F should offer a place to list a 2nd card when applying.  Not having funds is one thing but having a card canceled due to fraud and no fault of your own is completely different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knothead said:

Actually, the law is in place and it has nothing to do with AZ G&F.  It is more of a banking law where charges can't be made on a card with no services rendered or something similar.  Otherwise people could be charging lottery tickets on their credit card and then not pay.  This is not the only reason but this is one of the situations that the state was afraid of when they lobbied to have this law put in place.  The fix needs to be made at the state legislature and the law needs to be changed.  The only people I ever hear question this law are hunters so that is why it really doesn't get much traction for change.   G&F just has to comply with the current AZ banking laws.   

To be more fair, G&F should offer a place to list a 2nd card when applying.  Not having funds is one thing but having a card canceled due to fraud and no fault of your own is completely different.

Would be simple to just charge a fee when applying as they do now but successful applicants would then be given a week or two to pay for their tags with the rest going back into a 2nd draw or for over the counter purchase. I believe Idaho does something like this. Takes about a week to find out if you were drawn.

1 hour ago, knothead said:

There is actually no law in AZ preventing someone from using their credit card to purchase lottery tickets. I am struggling to find any reason why funds cannot be taken upfront other than the G&F not wanting to deal with thousands of refunds after the draw. \

https://www.arizonalottery.com/winners/player-security/#:~:text=Only buy Lottery tickets from authorized Arizona Lottery retailers.&text=Buying tickets with a credit,you must have your ticket.

Just now, Toad said:

There is actually no law in AZ preventing someone from using their credit card to purchase lottery tickets. I am struggling to find any reason why funds cannot be taken upfront other than the G&F not wanting to deal with thousands of refunds after the draw. \

https://www.arizonalottery.com/winners/player-security/#:~:text=Only buy Lottery tickets from authorized Arizona Lottery retailers.&text=Buying tickets with a credit,you must have your ticket.

There was a G&F board meeting that I sat in on years ago and one of the board members at the time explained the reason why they can't charge up front.  I was mostly going off of memory.  Game & Fish has consistently said they can't charge up front due to the AZ banking laws.

Dear game and fish

please get your chit together or all my hunting buddies are gonna kill each other. We r like a bunch of crackheads right now feening for a hit.  Yes a hit.  Will make all of us get along again. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

You assume I'm broke. I assume your 70% body fat. 

Change my mind

Lame, I thought you’d do better than that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toad said:

I don’t know about the laws but I worked at a gas station when I was a kid and you couldn’t sell lottery tickets to someone using a credit card. A debit card yes, but not a credit card 

Just think of how much money L&F would have if they charged the full amount up front.  It would be tempting to not give the losers their money back.

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I don’t know about the laws but I worked at a gas station when I was a kid and you couldn’t sell lottery tickets to someone using a credit card. A debit card yes, but not a credit card 

No I get it and I have been told the same at most places.  I have always assumed that this was an actual law but the more I try to find the less I believe it. The G&F saying there is a "law" doesn't mean much to me personally.  I have a suspicion it has more to do with amount of refunds they would have to process and also the amount of applicants they would loose based on fronting the money. I am not necessarily a proponent for fronting the money but I would take that way over the current process. The idea of my card being compromised in the 3 week delay between updates and charges makes me sick in all honesty. 

9 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

My Bills had an increase that shattered Last years bills. Give me some more time to pay for my tag. Seems fair 

See I understood this was hyperbole therefore I wrote about you needing a stimulus check or your card would be declined. Hyperbole, you can google it for the definition. I don’t have time to explain it ,cuz I think it would take a while for you.

3 minutes ago, Toad said:

No I get it and I have been told the same at most places.  I have always assumed that this was an actual law but the more I try to find the less I believe it. The G&F saying there is a "law" doesn't mean much to me personally.  I have a suspicion it has more to do with amount of refunds they would have to process and also the amount of applicants they would loose based on fronting the money. I am not necessarily a proponent for fronting the money but I would take that way over the current process. The idea of my card being compromised in the 3 week delay between updates and charges makes me sick in all honesty. 

i thought it was because people could buy tickets, lose, then cancel the charge or the card some how. 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i thought it was because people could buy tickets, lose, then cancel the charge or the card some how. 

Well that is probably why the AZ lottery leaves it up to the establishment. Given there is an option for the vendor to take credit or not seems to disprove an actual state "law" in my mind.  If we go back to the "services rendered" argument - wouldn't buying event tickets in advance violate these "laws"? I guess I am trying to apply logic to this.... I am no lawyer LOL