andrewmilich

Game and fish finally does something right. Good job

This is 100% the right thing to do!  I just wish they would have come to this decision earlier to ease the minds of those that had their cards hacked.  Either way, bravo to them for doing something right for a change!!!

• Like 3

Another thought... let's not get worked up over something that hasn't even happened yet?  It's like everyone these days is just looking for a reason to get pissed..  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pwrguy said:

I'm with the OP.  This was the right thing to do.  Kudo's to G&F.  Credit and debit card snafu's can happen to any of us at any time.  I do wish they would figure out a way to eliminate this problem or go back to calling people when their cards don't work.

The calling people was a disaster. That’s y they stopped and went to charging morning after deadline.  That worked out til this year.  

4 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Hahahaha, all that whining, pissing and moaning for nothing....  I wonder what the new bitch and moan will be?  

Don't worry there will be plenty of threads complaining about the following:

• the bonus point system needs to change because I did not get a tag
  • we need to implement waiting periods,
  • the G&F gives out too many tags
  • the G&F doesn't give out enough tags
  • its not fair, my brother in law drew 4 tags in a row and I can't get even one
  •  I went scouting in my unit and there were too many people.
  • there are too many roads,
  • why did they close my favorite road,
  • I can't find a place with shade, precut fire wood and a bar close by to park my 50' 5th wheel,
  • some loser is lurking around my water hole.
  • there was a blind on my water hole.
  • There is no water in my water hole,
  • there is too much water in my water hole,
  • there are boot tracks around my water hole
  • I saw a trail camera and had to go to therapy
  • I saw a salt lick and had to take 4 days off of work to recuperate.
  • I tore a hole in my $150, merino wool / Japanese silk blend designer camo boxer shorts and they won't let me return them because of the skid marks.
  • I can't find the power lines...where the big bucks and bulls live.
  • I put out a tree stand 7 years ago and some scumbag stole it.
  • I'm a real hunter. You are not.
  • my portal is red, moist and itchy

Feel free to add to the list.

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Hunterjohnny said:

Add to that body cams?  Total transparency that will stop all the crying

????? Body cams for office workers? I don’t get it? Not to mention all the sensitive information that could be exposed and hacked. Such as your social security number. 

34 minutes ago, JSR said:

Don't worry there will be plenty of threads complaining about the following:

• the bonus point system needs to change because I did not get a tag
  • we need to implement waiting periods,
  • the G&F gives out too many tags
  • the G&F doesn't give out enough tags
  • its not fair, my brother in law drew 4 tags in a row and I can't get even one
  •  I went scouting in my unit and there were too many people.
  • there are too many roads,
  • why did they close my favorite road,
  • I can't find a place with shade, precut fire wood and a bar close by to park my 50' 5th wheel,
  • some loser is lurking around my water hole.
  • there was a blind on my water hole.
  • There is no water in my water hole,
  • there is too much water in my water hole,
  • there are boot tracks around my water hole
  • I saw a trail camera and had to go to therapy
  • I saw a salt lick and had to take 4 days off of work to recuperate.
  • I tore a hole in my $150, merino wool / Japanese silk blend designer camo boxer shorts and they won't let me return them because of the skid marks.
  • I can't find the power lines...where the big bucks and bulls live.
  • I put out a tree stand 7 years ago and some scumbag stole it.
  • I'm a real hunter. You are not.

Feel free to add to the list.

Well if it makes any of you feel better your not going to get drawn anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunterjohnny said:

Add to that body cams?  Total transparency that will stop all the crying

You have way too much faith!  NOTHING will stop all of the crying!!!   Haters will always hate, and crybabies will always cry. 🤣

• Like 3

The draw was completed 2 weeks ago.

A 3rd party CC processing company screwed the pooch forcing a delay in CC hits and in turn either to be fair to customers or by mandate, GnF extended the CC update deadline.

GnF didn't screw anything up other than the portal info which they have already said has nothing to do with the draw.

I don't know much but want to give kudos to Linda from the Yuma office. I originally talked to her when I first started trying to update credit cards and couldn't. she called me this morning to see how things were going. She took my wife's info and got it done.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

A 3rd party CC processing company screwed the pooch forcing a delay in CC hits and in turn either to be fair to customers or by mandate, GnF extended the CC update deadline.

GnF didn't screw anything up other than the portal info which they have already said has nothing to do with the draw.

Source?  If you are correct, then AZGFD should have could have explained this to its customers in 1 of the 3 emails it has sent since the credit card update deadline.  Also, AZGFD misled all of us by claiming they are still "processing" the draw and blaming it on 17,000 additional applications.  To their credit, the recent email appears to be an attempt to make it right.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, bigorange said:

Start the pool again on when the charges will hit...Friday night? Sat AM? Monday? 

Probably at 5:01 p.m. on Friday so they can not have to deal with anything over the weekend.  The longer they wait after the new deadline the more likely it will be that some will have additional issues.  So the sooner the better!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Source?  If you are correct, then AZGFD should have could have explained this to its customers in 1 of the 3 emails it has sent since the credit card update deadline.  Also, AZGFD misled all of us by claiming they are still "processing" the draw and blaming it on 17,000 additional applications.  To their credit, the recent email appears to be an attempt to make it right.

I was just making a point. Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

JSR  to funny lol pretty much spot on though...

2 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

I'm calling BS on this as the g&f said publicly they were, "Continuing to validate more than 150,000 applications." 

Sounds to me like you you're just stirring crap up!  🤔

1 hour ago, Ohthatguy said:

I was just making a point. Thanks for playing.

I should have guessed... with a screen name like yours!  🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, el diablo said:

The calling people was a disaster. That’s y they stopped and went to charging morning after deadline.  That worked out til this year.  

Yeah..it worked great unless you were one of the handful of unfortunates that get's hacked on your credit card right before the draw.  Prepaid debit cards might be safer but even they are not 100%.