Sign in to follow this  
Ohthatguy

What are these?

So I guess I need to confirm this. Aren't these crappie??  I have found them a few times in the same place but can't get a single one to bite on a spoon, grub, roadrunner, small cranks or even live minnows.  At Rosey in  15-20'  

Any suggestions? Thanks, from the worst crappie fisherman ever.

20210313_091801 (1).jpg

Probably gizzard shad Headed to Rosy this Thursday spending four days can’t wait!  Kinda like my early archery tag lol...

• Like 2

More than likely since they won't bite. Not gizzard shad imo.  Keep looking for some that will bite, your on the right track. The crappie have not been cooperating lately with the weather changes. Next weekend will be in the 80s so that will help.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, twistzz said:

Probably gizzard shad Headed to Rosy this Thursday spending four days can’t wait!  Kinda like my early archery tag lol...

That was my 2nd guess but I've never seen them stack like that. Just after the 2nd time finding them without a bite, it got me wondering..  Good luck on both.

Thanks, I've seen them in the salt arm like that pretty much all over the place.  They really messed up the Crappie population big time.  Back in the day it was amazing big crappie everywhere.  Snow birds didn't help either, no limits and they really cleaned up every year.  Glad they put a limit on them and put in the Florida bass.