Sign in to follow this  
Bubba85

Spring bear

Going to give bear hunting a go for the first time. Think I have a few area scouted out, anything specific to look for on the spring hunts? Thanks 

I'm no bear expert but I have read they like fresh young green grasses in the spring.  Look for green up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, knothead said:

I'm no bear expert but I have read they like fresh young green grasses in the spring.  Look for green up.

I’ve been reading the same. I appreciate the replies. We will see how it goes. 

Caesar salad sprinkled about good luck!

I’m new to hunting and have never hunter bears. Is spring bear OTC or on a draw? I’ve seen articles that make it seem to be OTC but the regs don’t show anything for the spring?

I just realized there was a separate book for javelina, bears, bison etc. 

It looks like you can hunt otc bear in 24a and 23n starting 3/19 through 4/29, good to know!

1 hour ago, Calebwalter said:

I’m new to hunting and have never hunter bears. Is spring bear OTC or on a draw? I’ve seen articles that make it seem to be OTC but the regs don’t show anything for the spring?

Look at Spring regs, it will be listed there. Don’t get the fall Regs and spring Regs mixed up

here is a link for you buddy

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/2021-Spring-Regulations_201211.pdf

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Look at Spring regs, it will be listed there. Don’t get the fall Regs and spring Regs mixed up

here is a link for you buddy

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/2021-Spring-Regulations_201211.pdf

Thanks. I was bummed because I missed the spring applications while distracted with my frost deer hunt. I’m bummed that I missed javelina but I’m glad I can go try my hand at a spring bear hunt! And if I’m not successful I can try again in the fall!

• Like 2