SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

You mean I still can fly and look for rabbits?  Land and shoot?  LOL 

The commission should look into the operations of carefree.  That is where the problems are.   

On 1/4/2022 at 11:26 AM, HuntHarder said:

I asked the commisioners a question on how this will be enforced, they forwarded my question to the law enforcement chief and his response was very encouraging.  

So for the purposes of your questions, any photograph and/or data captured by a trail camera after January 1, 2022 and used for the take or aiding in the take of wildlife will be unlawful, even if that was not the initial intended use of the trail camera. This data is not limited to a photograph of a specific animal, all knowledge gained by the use of the camera will be unlawful as well. There is no time limit on that knowledge, if it is gained after January 1, 2022, it is unlawful.

Ttt

So, I'm not gaining any knowledge from pictures. If I don't draw anything this year, I should be able to run a few cameras for wildlife viewing. This just simply doesn't make any sense. I only have one cam that I use for camp security. 

and yet 99.9% of this is "unenforceable" (quote from and AZGFD game officer).

I've got a hypothetical for you. Over the course of the past two weekends I came across two separate AZGFD cams (labeled and signage designating them as such) on drinkers. Would it now be "unlawful" for any AZGFD employee (most do hunt) to hunt any animals that might appear on these cameras, it seems reasonable that they would have access to or share these pictures? The answer is yes, it would be unlawful, but it would never be enforced.

3 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

So, I'm not gaining any knowledge from pictures. If I don't draw anything this year, I should be able to run a few cameras for wildlife viewing. This just simply doesn't make any sense. I only have one cam that I use for camp security. 

You could run 10,000 cameras in every unit of the state and check each 10 times a day if you like, including prime hours of hunting season. As long as none of the pictures help you or another hunter in the taking of game. It is idiotic.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, HuntHarder said:

Anyone know what Josiah did with the $12,000.00 + he generated from his gofundme?  I do not see an update on his page for over 6 months.  It's now 2022 and trail cameras are banned for hunting purposes.  

I heard some of the money was recently donated to a critter group to help purchase a new water trailer.  👍

15 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

I heard some of the money was recently donated to a critter group to help purchase a new water trailer.  👍

That's phenomenal.  

24 minutes ago, Hunterjohnny said:

So information gained would include if you saw nothing, because you would use that information to look elsewhere?

That's technically correct!  Liken this to "listening" for mosquitoes...  It's a fact that only female mosquitoes will "bite you" & suck your blood for egg laying, but it's also true that female mosquitoes are quiet when they fly (no "buzzing sounds" like male mosquitoes make when flying). 

Therefore if you hear buzzing, don't worry about it, but if you hear "nothing"...🤣   

So if you have cameras out that show "where not to hunt", G&F could argue that your "success" while hunting in another area was aided by that knowledge! 🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rossislider said:

and yet 99.9% of this is "unenforceable" (quote from and AZGFD game officer).

I've got a hypothetical for you. Over the course of the past two weekends I came across two separate AZGFD cams (labeled and signage designating them as such) on drinkers. Would it now be "unlawful" for any AZGFD employee (most do hunt) to hunt any animals that might appear on these cameras, it seems reasonable that they would have access to or share these pictures? The answer is yes, it would be unlawful, but it would never be enforced.

If the cameras placed on the drinker were part of the employee's job and they looked at the pictures they can legally hunt. 

who or where do we report all the cameras we find in the field to? I saw at least a dozen this past weekend. 

• Like 1