SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

9 hours ago, rossislider said:

Wow! The commission wrapped that up in a nice little bow for their group.  Do you work for AZGFD 654321?

😂, that rule has been in place long before the flying rule, the baiting ban and now trail cams, and all the info that I copy and paste is right in the regulations.

8 hours ago, bigbuckfever said:

654321, are the pics from the AZGFD cameras that are set at water catchment sites "public knowledge" or confidential ?  

I'm not sure what is "public" or confidential but I'm guessing if you really wanted to you could put in a request I think there is something like the Freedom of Information Act.  Flatlander I believe could probably give you the run down on how to get information out of the AZGFD.  If I had to guess though I would bet if the camera is related to an on going research project they might not be willing to share that information until maybe the project was over. 

31 minutes ago, 654321 said:

😂, that rule has been in place long before the flying rule, the baiting ban and now trail cams, and all the info that I copy and paste is right in the regulations.

That wasn't a knock, but a serious question. Do you work for AZGFD?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rossislider said:

That wasn't a knock, but a serious question. Do you work for AZGFD?

I must work for the AZGFD because I do a little research and I don't bash them for every decision they make that I don't agree with.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Crying that agfd gets to use cameras and we can't, is like crying that police can take drugs off person.  

And then use them without repercussions. I don’t really care either, but you left that part out. 

3 hours ago, 654321 said:

I must work for the AZGFD because I do a little research and I don't bash them for every decision they make that I don't agree with.

I don't know why you won't just answer the question? There are some genuinely great top notch people that work for AZGFD, just not on the commission. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

And then use them without repercussions. I don’t really care either, but you left that part out. 

Nah... still illegal for them to use the information they gained from their official capacity to aid in the take of.. just like it would still be illegal for those cops to smoke that weed they just took.  I mean FFS, guys are whining about maybe 100 game and fish guys getting to still run cameras while at work.  BFD.  The vast majority of hunters won't use cameras any more, just like the vast majority of agfd officers won't use them to "take" as well.  If they really wanted to kill a certain animal in their unit, they can make that happen easily enough before the ban.  They get to spend way more time in the field than most of us.  

On 1/25/2022 at 5:56 AM, 654321 said:

D. This Section does not apply to any activity allowed under A.R.S. § 17-302, to a person acting within the scope of their official duties as an employee of the state or United States, or as authorized by the Department.

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Nah... still illegal for them to use the information they gained from their official capacity to aid in the take of..  

Am I reading that wrong 

47 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Am I reading that wrong 

Not sure what you are reading wrong,  Just as it is illegal for them to kill more than 1 elk a year, per the annual bag limit, they are allowed to shoot 100's while acting under their official duties.  Doesn't mean they get free reign to go shoot elk any time they want to.  

In other words, They can, bait, use cameras and fly units, so long as it's for their official duties..

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, bonecollector said:

I heard some of the money was recently donated to a critter group to help purchase a new water trailer.  👍

Is this really what happened with the money that people donated thinking it was to fight the camera ban 

Looks like Josiah gave up.  He said on his gofundme page to not donate any more money and that the money he has left over, he is gonna donate.  I've been "staying tuned", but I think I can go ahead tune out now.  

• Like 1