SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

The 1st attachment is a cover letter relaying a statement of an alliance of homegrown sportsmen here in Arizona  

The 2nd and 3rd attachment is our attorneys letter delivered 3/15/21 to the Governors office pertaining to the trail camera ban.

20210317_112630.jpg

20210315_092840.jpg

20210315_092902.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Lol- comments supporting the ban or some type of ban are equal to those that don't want a ban at all. . . 

Sir royal: "A Tidal wave of opposition" 

The ones that said partial ban only did that because they didnt realize we can beat this totally.  

Never under estimate our group and think this is the last you will hear from us! Just saying!

• Like 2

took what was finally a win for the animals and environment and bogged it down in legal eze.  What a complete shame and compete waste of resource.   You mean people were actually going to have to scout and hunt for themselves.. what a travesty, yes lawsuits must incur immediately! Fkg joke. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

The 1st attachment is a cover letter relaying a statement of an alliance of homegrown sportsmen here in Arizona  

The 2nd and 3rd attachment is our attorneys letter delivered 3/15/21 to the Governors office pertaining to the trail camera ban.

20210317_112630.jpg

20210315_092840.jpg

20210315_092902.jpg

It appears this is requesting the item be dropped due to the verbiage used to request the rule change. How does this stop them from starting over using the verbiage “fair chase”?

This may only delay it.

What's next, everyone is going to have to shoot a bow during archery season.. OMG- this world is so unfair. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

For a flashback.

1:45:05   is Sparks' comments on the issue of "fair chase" (I know a member here called him a flat out liar and said that he never spoke with BnC or PnY on this issue.)  No comment either way on that but here is what he said.

• Like 1

Guides and outfitters: trail cameras don't help us, they are just a fun tool to help us see what's out there.

Also guides and outfitters: I'm gonna spend $30k a year on a pallet of cams and boxes, another $5k on batteries and SD cards, another $5k on gas to check them every week all year. . . . Just for fun though. And if they say I can't I'll sue them! 

38 minutes ago, jdown said:

took what was finally a win for the animals and environment and bogged it down in legal eze.  What a complete shame and compete waste of resource.   You mean people were actually going to have to scout and hunt for themselves.. what a travesty, yes lawsuits must incur immediately! Fkg joke. 

Where was there a threat of lawsuit? This letter simply asks the governor to recind the approval for rule making under the guise of "public safety". Rightfully so because the department totally changed their tune. On a personal level I don't care one way or the other. It won't affect me at all. What I do personally oppose is arbitrary, unenforceable rules... which this is the way its worded. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Desertguide said:

Where was there a threat of lawsuit? This letter simply asks the governor to recind the approval for rule making under the guise of "public safety". Rightfully so because the department totally changed their tune. On a personal level I don't care one way or the other. It won't affect me at all. What I do personally oppose is arbitrary, unenforceable rules... which this is the way its worded. 

How should they word it to make it enforceable in your eyes?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

For a flashback.

1:45:05   is Sparks' comments on the issue of "fair chase" (I know a member here called him a flat out liar and said that he never spoke with BnC or PnY on this issue.)  No comment either way on that but here is what he said.

THANK YOU SIR!! THEIR DONE!

44 minutes ago, huntlines said:

It appears this is requesting the item be dropped due to the verbiage used to request the rule change. How does this stop them from starting over using the verbiage “fair chase”?

This may only delay it.

You wish friend!

1 minute ago, SirRoyal said:

You wish friend!

Actually no I don’t wish. I’m actually against the trail camera ban, however I don’t see how this stops them from starting over using different language.

I think you’re assuming everyone is against you and your attempt to stop this rule change. You need not alienate people who might be on your side.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

How should they word it to make it enforceable in your eyes?

I'm no lawyer but to make it enforceable I think they would need to ban trail cameras for any reason on all public land in AZ. The problem is that the wording allows trail cameras to be legal for all purposes except for hunting. That leaves the door wide open for interpretation. The grey area is miles wide. I'm one that would like to see permits or registrations for trailcams. If you're gonna make a dumb rule at least make some money at the same time... lol

• Like 1