SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

23 minutes ago, huntlines said:

No, not equally. DIY hunters who can’t pay someone else to run cameras for them will be hurt the most.

Pretty sad that so many hunters are getting the shaft because of a few outfits in a handful of units... who will find loopholes just like you said. So the dept is penalizing a state full of hunters for the acts of a few. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I agree with this completely.  Where we differ on opinion is i gladly welcome it.  Seems like everyone has gotten over the false statement that cameras do not = more success.  I am ok with guys having to actually get out in the field and scout again.  If the overall success rate drops, that's a good thing too for our dwindling #'s.  I doubt the success drops that much, but forcing guys into the field more is a step closer to what hunting used to be.  

Dwindling deer numbers shouldn't have a thing to do with hunters. Not if the dept is doing their job. That would mean that units are dropping below a 5:100 buck:doe ratio and doe's aren't getting bred. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I dont do the surveys, but my own observations and guys I hunt with all agree #'s keep declining.  

Oh no doubt they are. I don't disagree with that at all!!! But that has more to do with lack of rain and predators. Herds start shrinking when there's less than 50 fawns for every 100 does. Doesn't matter though. Just an observation. Doesn't pertain to the actual discussion... lol

On 4/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, huntlines said:

I would bet you are way off on your estimate of 2%. I’d bet it’s way more like 30 to 35%. 

Your saying 90,000 to a 105,000 hunters use cameras. Try again.

10 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Idk man... according to some around here... there are 300,000 cameras just in the Strip

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

Idk man... according to some around here... there are 300,000 cameras just in the Strip

😂, and that’s just A3 camera’s 

• Haha 2

Kinda off topic but does anyone remember running the 35mm cameras? I had one. I'd pull my roll of film, bust butt to Walgreens to get the film developed, get my pictures back and then admire the 36 beautiful cows I got shots of in one afternoon. The good ol days!!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Kinda off topic but does anyone remember running the 35mm cameras? I had one. I'd pull my roll of film, bust butt to Walgreens to get the film developed, get my pictures back and then admire the 36 beautiful cows I got shots of in one afternoon. The good ol days!!!

I remember the string and the clock. So you knew what time they used the trail!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 11:45 AM, 654321 said:

Prove me wrong. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not even higher. 

• Like 1