SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

14 minutes ago, stanley said:

You throw a speculative guess out there, then say “prove me wrong”.  Too funny! 😭

That is pretty funny actually...lol. The sad thing is, I don't even think Game and Fish has any idea how many cameras are actually out there. Could be 10,000... could be 50,000. Who the heck knows? I think that's probably why they came at this from the fair chase angle... and then the public safety angle. You don't have to have hard numbers when you come at it like that. Kinda like the way they stopped baiting. "Its to prevent the spread of disease." You can't even really argue with that. 

9 hours ago, huntlines said:

Prove me wrong. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not even higher. 

That's freaking funny. So there is over a 100,000 hunters using trail cameras and maybe 2,200 public comments on the ban of trail cameras 😂. Try again.

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

That's freaking funny. So there is over a 100,000 hunters using trail cameras and maybe 2,200 public comments on the ban of trail cameras 😂. Try again.

? So you think most of Arizona’s hunters are on this forum? Very little are on this forum. I don’t believe most hunters even know about this proposed ban. I meet people every day who don’t know. G&F don’t put out very good public media announcements. Just because 2000 people make comments against doesn’t mean that’s the number of hunters using them. heck that’s probably just the guides and their minions making those comments. Try again

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stanley said:

You throw a speculative guess out there, then say “prove me wrong”.  Too funny! 😭

Everyone else throws out guesses and acts like it’s fact.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, huntlines said:

Everyone else throws out guesses and acts like it’s fact.

Great argument to bolster your position in the debate....  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, huntlines said:

? So you think most of Arizona’s hunters are on this forum? Very little are on this forum. I don’t believe most hunters even know about this proposed ban. I meet people every day who don’t know. G&F don’t put out very good public media announcements. Just because 2000 people make comments against doesn’t mean that’s the number of hunters using them. heck that’s probably just the guides and their minions making those comments. Try again

They do ok with the media announcements. The problem is hunters are and always have been apathetic. Most hunters only care about their tag. As for how many run trail cams.... one guess is as good as any. Who knows? Could be as high as 30%... or as low as 2%. I think the higher percentage is true of guys that actually have tags. 

44 minutes ago, stanley said:

Great argument to bolster your position in the debate....  🙄

I knew you would like it, holds tons of facts and figures for a debate loaded with them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

They do ok with the media announcements. The problem is hunters are and always have been apathetic. Most hunters only care about their tag. As for how many run trail cams.... one guess is as good as any. Who knows? Could be as high as 30%... or as low as 2%. I think the higher percentage is true of guys that actually have tags. 

I believe if the number of archery deer tags sold was used and a conservative 10% extrapolated from that, would give a fairly accurate number. At least it would be closer than the 2000 comments against the ban guess. Again I believe the percentage of archery deer hunters who use them to be way higher but I digress.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I believe if the number of archery deer tags sold was used and a conservative 10% extrapolated from that, would give a fairly accurate number. At least it would be closer than the 2000 comments against the ban guess. Again I believe the percentage of archery deer hunters who use them to be way higher but I digress.

Seems reasonable. I imagine on the average, hunters use trailcams more during specific seasons for specific species. Lol... I doubt there are many guys hanging cameras for javelina. Early deer hunters would use them far more than January deer hunters. I would bet 75% to 80% of early archery elk hunters use them. Its hard to say what the actual total is but the 2000 comments game and fish received could never be relied on for even a rough estimate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, huntlines said:

Lets say 25,000 archery tags sold and lets remember around 3-4000 of those are NR. There were 24913 elk tags and 43970 deer tags.  So your trying to say that every single tag holder in this state puts out a trail camera because that would be about 94000 which is your 30-35% of license holders. Now your 10% of 25000 is 2500 and that's probably more accurate to the total number of hunters putting out trail cameras.

53 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Lets say 25,000 archery tags sold and lets remember around 3-4000 of those are NR. There were 24913 elk tags and 43970 deer tags.  So your trying to say that every single tag holder in this state puts out a trail camera because that would be about 94000 which is your 30-35% of license holders. Now your 10% of 25000 is 2500 and that's probably more accurate to the total number of hunters putting out trail cameras.

I can promise you there are more than 2500 cameras out there. There are around 3000 game and fish water catchments in the state. I think it's like 3300, can't remember for sure. And thats just catchments. Now I'm sure there are many that don't have cameras but... there are many that have multiple cameras on them. So let's just say one per catchment to average it out. Now figure in dirt tanks, steel tanks, wallows, springs and random places guys have them like on salt and natural funnels. I have no idea and I wouldn't even want to guess but I'm betting at peak times it's FAR more than 2500

• Like 1

LOL, are you guys really trying to argue how many hunters actually use cameras?  No one, including game and fish knows a #.  Just like, no one, including game and fish, know how many Elk or deer are killed each year.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

LOL, are you guys really trying to argue how many hunters actually use cameras?  No one, including game and fish knows a #.  Just like, no one, including game and fish, know how many Elk or deer are killed each year.  

You just be quiet. There's nothing to hunt right now and it's a Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2