SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

Lets say 25,000 archery tags sold and lets remember around 3-4000 of those are NR. There were 24913 elk tags and 43970 deer tags.  So your trying to say that every single tag holder in this state puts out a trail camera because that would be about 94000 which is your 30-35% of license holders. Now your 10% of 25000 is 2500 and that's probably more accurate to the total number of hunters putting out trail cameras.

Yup, still sticking to the 94000 number. Hard fact, no doubt about it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

Lets say 25,000 archery tags sold and lets remember around 3-4000 of those are NR. There were 24913 elk tags and 43970 deer tags.  So your trying to say that every single tag holder in this state puts out a trail camera because that would be about 94000 which is your 30-35% of license holders. Now your 10% of 25000 is 2500 and that's probably more accurate to the total number of hunters putting out trail cameras.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the nonresidents using cameras, better up that number to 97000(if your figures are accurate about 3-4000 being nonresident).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Desertguide said:

I can promise you there are more than 2500 cameras out there. There are around 3000 game and fish water catchments in the state. I think it's like 3300, can't remember for sure. And thats just catchments. Now I'm sure there are many that don't have cameras but... there are many that have multiple cameras on them. So let's just say one per catchment to average it out. Now figure in dirt tanks, steel tanks, wallows, springs and random places guys have them like on salt and natural funnels. I have no idea and I wouldn't even want to guess but I'm betting at peak times it's FAR more than 2500

I never once said number of cameras I'm saying number of hunters that use cameras. I can can guarantee you there aren't a 100,000 hunters in this state using trail cameras.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, huntlines said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the nonresidents using cameras, better up that number to 97000(if your figures are accurate about 3-4000 being nonresident).

There's no way 97,000 hunters in this state use trail cameras and wouldn't send in more complaints about the possible ban it just isn't happening.

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

There's no way 97,000 hunters in this state use trail cameras and wouldn't send in more complaints about the possible ban it just isn't happening.

95000 of them don’t know GandF are trying to ban them.

3 hours ago, 654321 said:

I never once said number of cameras I'm saying number of hunters that use cameras. I can can guarantee you there aren't a 100,000 hunters in this state using trail cameras.

Gotcha gotcha. I misunderstood. 

So all this nonsense about "public safety" is over 9 documented complaints in 12 years. Nine...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Heat said:

So all this nonsense about "public safety" is over 9 documented complaints in 12 years. Nine...

The "fair chase" angle wasn't working so they changed tactics. Same thing politicians do. I can guarantee there are 100's more cases of conflict over people sitting water and first come first served issues over the same time frame. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

The "fair chase" angle wasn't working so they changed tactics. Same thing politicians do. I can guarantee there are 100's more cases of conflict over people sitting water and first come first served issues over the same time frame. 

Exactly

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Becker contacted G&F and they have had, hold on sit down, they have had 9 total complaints since 2009. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, huntlines said:

Anyone hear anything new on this gem topic?

No, but lets argue all about it one more again like it was the first time.  I'm on the fence, change my mind!

• Haha 1

After reading 25 pages and learning the amount of trail cameras out there . 
Now I definitely believe there is no such thing as Bigfoot !  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

No, but lets argue all about it one more again like it was the first time.  I'm on the fence, change my mind!

I’m kinda on the fence too but am very sick of G&F taking crap away. Was just curious if anything has been leaked as to where this is going.