n2horns

Topic for Admins - Classified scammers / 1st time posters

Admins - seems with the advent of Covid there has been on onslaught of scammers and 1st time posters to the classified section.  I know with other forums, there is a minimum post that need to be made before a person can post in the classifieds section.

I know that we are cautions but, I have seen too many 1st post selling guns, and then there is our famous friends in texas that seem to have or want everything.

There was  new person from Tucson just posted in the Campfire Section, introduced themselves etc...  I know we are not backpage or armslist with all that crap going on, but seems like we are getting more of our fair share.

Andrew

• Like 2

I'm the new person from Tucson!  Just like Pinocchio I am a real boy!!!! 🙂  LOL.  I cannot imagine how frustrating it is to have to filter through all the BS.  

5 minutes ago, Big Nasty said:

I'm the new person from Tucson!  Just like Pinocchio I am a real boy!!!! 🙂  LOL.  I cannot imagine how frustrating it is to have to filter through all the BS.  

I think he was pointing out your post as a valid, legit, how it should be sort of post. As opposed to the first-timer post to sell something overpriced, asking for honey holes, or worse the spammers who show up with random comments and Nigerian scam-sounding grammar and include a link...

Just now, bigorange said:

I think he was pointing out your post as a valid, legit, how it should be sort of post. As opposed to the first-timer post to sell something overpriced, asking for honey holes, or worse the spammers who show up with random comments and Nigerian scam-sounding grammar and include a link...

Oh I know....was adding a little fun to my day.  Its hard being a prince with all this money and nobody to give it to.  

• Haha 1

I'm a new user and totally legit and posted my first add in the classified yesterday. I have been reading this forum for awhile now in order to learn from this group but have never posted anything until today. I live in Gilbert and been hunting all my life minus a 15 year gap in early adult hood where life circumstances didn't allow it. I have been getting back in to it over the last 5 years and doing what I can to learn as much as I can. I have never asked for a honey hole or for someone to do the hard work for me. As a kid I hunted in Idaho and have only been in AZ for 5 years now.  I get the concern regarding scammers but I wish there was a way to not penalize a new user like me. Remember, everyone was new at one point in time; and I don't want to make up a post just to bring up my count if I don't have something of value to bring to the group. 

Ban anyone typing while frapping, or anybody with a friend in TX or CA.

3 minutes ago, Big Nasty said:

Or California.

I fixed it 😆

9 minutes ago, Edge said:

Ban anyone typing while frapping, or anybody with a friend in TX or CA.

It's fapping! Get with the program, sheesh!

43 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

It's fapping! Get with the program, sheesh!

Tell autocorrect

Frapping, fapping, crapping ban em all

First timers need to be initiated by an approved old timer.  And even then buyer and seller beware.   Dems defunded the police.