Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman99

Second choice?

I know I will find out in a couple of days but the suspense is killing me. I've been putting my dad in for these hunts for his birthday for a few years not thinking he would ever really draw before he got too old. Well he hit the elk hunting lotto. He either drew 10 early rifle first choice or 6a early rifle second choice. My question is could he really draw his second choice since it had less tags and probably the same draw odds?

• Like 1

absolutely, depends on who was drawn before his number came up & where they put in for on 1st & 2nd choice.  Think of it this way... While the odds may be less for a 2nd choice hunt, reality is those applying for specific hunts don't come in numerical order, only the random number assigned to each app.

Yes, there is a chance just depending on how the draw played out. Either way, great tag. 

You live out of state now, right? If you want some help let me know, we’d love to pitch in. Been hoping my dad will run into similar luck, it would be cool to see someone play it out.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm back in pv but if we get a chance we should go do some scouting. His portal account is messed up so he's going to have to call on Monday to get it straightened out. Can't wait to find out!

On 3/20/2021 at 9:57 PM, Mountainman99 said:

Unit 10 it is! Got through on the phone. 

Thank God. That was almost a disaster

8 hours ago, tomgobbler said:

I got second choice on an early bull tag - so yes it’s possible . 

First and Second choices are considered in the same draw so yes.