Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Favorite Westerns

Marlon Brando gives a great performance as a psychotic regulator out to kill horse thieves Randy Quaid and Jack Nicholson in the Missouri Breaks.

Tombstone, McClintock, Rio Bravo, Lonesome Dove, Unforgiven, The Shootist, Open Range, etc.

Many more, those are just some of my favorites. 

• Like 1

Lonesome Dove and for laughs, Blazing Saddles.

It's not Hedy, it's Hedley Lamarr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is entertaining. The Shootist is good.  Unforgiven is good.  Can watch Winchester 73, Stagecoach, I remember watching Ft. Dobbs when I was a kid with Clint Walker.

Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned Shane yet. Shane, Shane come back Shane. The Quick and The Dead is good. The one with Sam Elliott, who in fact is just another Hollywood Liberal Democrat. When I was a kid, westerns were about all that was on TV.  I used to love to watch them. My Dad was some kind of channel that shows those old western tv shows, now when I watch one, I find they are fairly mind numming.

My Pops gets Grit on his TV. It's about all he watches. There's a bunch of actors I recognize from the 50's and 60's Westerns. I have to look up some of them on IMDB to remember who they were.

True Grit was my favorite  ("Fill your hands you son of a bitch") followed by The Magnificent Seven (the one from the 60's with Yul, not the remake with Denzel).

• Like 1