Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Favorite Westerns

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

John Wayne died in lots of movies..Fighting SeaBees, Sands of Iwo Jima, The Shootist, Alamo, The Cowboys...

Yes you are correct. I was thinking of westerns and forgot the Alamo. . The shootist alway struck me weird as his character had cancer in the movie and he was actually dying of cancer in real life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Yes you are correct. I was thinking of westerns and forgot the Alamo. . The shootist alway struck me weird as his character had cancer in the movie and he was actually dying of cancer in real life.

From Sons of Katy Elder on he was working with 1 lung.

I saw John Waynes safari wagon at the riverside resort car museum in laughlin years ago. It was an International Travelall. With a gun turret cut in the roof. 

I was watching a clip of Bruce Deen not too long ago, he said that he was still hated for killing John Wayne in a movie. He said on time he got pulled over for speeding, and when the cop handed him the ticket, he said there that's for killing John Wayne! On another note if you have seen Winchester 73, the guy that did all of the shooting was Herb Parsons, a exhibition shooter for I think Winchester at the time. Google him up if you want pretty interesting story.

• Haha 1

Have to go across the pond, but Quigly Down Under is a pretty good flick...& he shoots a Sharps!! So that’s fun to watch.

In the Shootist, JW was organally supposed to shoot one of the guys in the back. He told them he's never shot anyone in the back and wouldn't start now. He said go get Clint Eastwood if that's what you want.

Also Open Range is good one we like.

Watch "John Wayne TRUE GRIT famous meadow shootout 50 YEARS AGO" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/J8EbkzlOa5A

1 minute ago, zackcarp said:

It the Shootist, JW was organally supposed to shoot one of the guys in the back. He told them he's never shot anyone in the back and wouldn't start now. He said go get Clint Eastwood if that's what you want.

Also Open Range is good one we like.

Watch "John Wayne TRUE GRIT famous meadow shootout 50 YEARS AGO" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/J8EbkzlOa5A

In the Searchers, he's brought up on murder charges for shooting 3 men in the.back...which he did

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Edge said:

In the Searchers, he's brought up on murder charges for shooting 3 men in the.back...which he did

The Searchers is a sad one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Man, I watched 3:10 to Yuma original the other night and I loved it 

The remake was really bad.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Great movie that was on last week. Ken Curtis (Festus from Gunsmoke) played Charlie McCorry. He also was in a slew of other movies, was a Country Music singer (Sons of The Pioneers) Ghost Riders in The Sky, sang with the Tommy Dorsey Band and hosted a Country Music radio station and was in The Quiet Man singing The Wild Colonial Boy.

One thing I admired about Wayne was he had a troupe of friends who he had with him in many other movies. Yup. They don't make'em like that anymore. I ran into Richard Boone in Carefree back in the late 70's and got to talk to him for a bit and and his career with JW. He really like him a lot and Waynes yacht the Wild Goose where Wayne spent a lot of time.